Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask type for active side sleepers
RE: Mask type for active side sleepers
My sleep habits are like yours and I have good results with the N20. Based on all the reviews I tried the P10 but for some reason, I just don't do well with pillows. The best plan is to try different masks until you find the right one for you. Everyone is different.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very active side sleeper here.

I am an Eson user, very active side sleeper. Eson is the only mask I have yet found that doesn't routinely leak during my busy nights. I am strongly considering trying the P10 for this reason. Also looking at the Eson 2, as it clearly works with facial hair too.

I tried both the Dreamwear pillows, and the P30i pillows, and struggled with both. I love the top of head design, but find the noise over my cheekbones to be too loud. P10 seems like the ideal combination of snug fit, leak prevention on active sleep, and good flow. Any comments on P10's exhaust port? Is it well diffused?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have anything to compare it to but others describe the p10 as well diffused and relatively quiet. still, my wife gets annoyed and turns away if I don't put a pillow between us when I'm facing her. I should add that as quiet as the resmed machine and the p10 mask are, when she's having trouble sleeping, she sometimes leaves the room because of the air flow noise. most of the time she's fine with it though. it's my understanding that the p10 is on the quiet and diffuse end of the mask list.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that the ResMed Mirage Activa™ Nasal CPAP Mask would be effective for an active sleeper, It was my primary mask for about 8 years. What makes it is how it fits. It has a bellows between the mask frame and the sealing surface. This means that twists and turns may move the mask frame without dislodging the seal. The frame actually floats on a cushion of air 1/4 to 3/8 inch. Without pressure, it is exceptionally loose but is surprisingly firm with pressure. Under pressure you can actually push it about 1/4 inch closer to your face when it is properly adjusted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Due to severe chronic lumbar back pain, I side sleep at times. Both my ResMed masks, the AirFit F20 full face and N30i nasal, both seem fine with the side sleeping sessions I make them go through. I think adjustment and sizing choices are key to success regardless of sleep position. And remember "too tight ain't right".

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 5 87 1 hour ago
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 95 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 11 17,222 04-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 541 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,121 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 523 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 327 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.