Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New chick. Need help figuring out RX and max pressure.
RE: New chick. Need help figuring out RX and max pressure.
(07-04-2017, 08:24 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: There is a small possibility that if your nose is swelling up, you could be reacting badly to the silicone in your nasal pillows.  I'm hoping not, but if that is the case, you might have to switch to a nasal or face type mask instead of pillows.

I wore my mask tonight while watching tv. Just the mask not hooked up to anything. Inside of my nose swelled. I'd take off the mask for a few minutes. Swelling went down. Put mask on, swelling started again. I did this several times. I'm thinking I need to switch to a full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may need a mask liner, search for padacheek. You can buy them but cut a tee shirt to fit under the mask on your face, or just put a tee shirt under your mask. The goal is to see if you get the same swelling. If you don't swell then look at this option. A Sleep Weaver mask may also be an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't know what pillows you're using, but I found that I had a swollen face (using ResMed Airfit P10 for her and distilled water in the humidifier) when I woke up, and put extra effort into short little exhales even during the day with no mask on after I started APAP.   

I now wash (using unscented baby shampoo and soaking for 15 minutes) the pillows and short tubing daily and am careful to scrub the exhale vents with a small toothbrush (like the manufacturers manual advised and I missed) in the am so all of it can dry all day.  The irritating plastic smell has decreased significantly and the facial swelling is usually way down.  (There is a long thread regarding these vents in this forum: AirFit P10 vent blocked.)

Keep trying to  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2017, 08:24 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: There is a small possibility that if your nose is swelling up, you could be reacting badly to the silicone in your nasal pillows.  I'm hoping not, but if that is the case, you might have to switch to a nasal or face type mask instead of pillows.

I ordered the SleepWeaver Advance Mask System and Headgear today. Should be here in 6 business days. I hope it works for me.  I haven't used my cpap in 2 nights. I'm feeling pretty rotten.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love Sleepweaver, but it takes a little getting used to. I do recommend getting a sleep mask from Walgreens (they cup the eyes instead of press on them) and putting that on. The only place I typically get leaks goes into my only good eye and the dry eye gets worse. Otherwise, it has been problem free, just more expensive because you have to replace the whole mask instead of just say a cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting and good to know. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 332 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 537 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,005 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 980 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Wink Need help figuring out why severe sleep fragmentation from 3-7 am even on autopap HMG7450 2 569 08-14-2023, 04:38 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 667 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,589 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.