Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Masks & eye glasses
Masks & eye glasses
Are any of you successfully using a bipap and eye glasses for daytime breathing?

What sort of mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Masks & eye glasses
well, eyeglasses haven't helped with breathing so far lol but I use a VPAP and a wisp nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's a lot of masks now that allow for the wearing of glasses.

Most nasal pillows will. I don't think the nasal mask ones with the forehead bridge thing would, though. Full face masks would work with glasses as long as it didn't come up too high.

But, for good sleep hygiene, you shouldn't be reading in bed anyway.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
In my post I said bipap and daytime breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 09:59 PM)bigsnowdog Wrote: In my post I said bipap and daytime breathing.

can you be a little more specific about what you are asking?
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, sorry. That's what I get for skimming.

Your DME should have some masks you can view and try on. You can also check online at some of the online DMEs. Many of the mask write ups will say "and you can wear your glasses!".

Out of curiosity, why are you using your CPAP during the day without the intention of sleeping?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 10:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Out of curiosity, why are you using your CPAP during the day without the intention of sleeping?

Weak diaphragm.

Post Reply Post Reply
My Swift FX nasal pillow mask doesn't interfere with glasses.

I was able to wear glasses with my ComfortGel nasal mask, but that varies from person to person and glasses type. It did interfere a little. With the CG mask, I had to put on the glasses first, and had to remove the mask to remove the glasses.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 10:36 PM)bigsnowdog Wrote:
(01-28-2014, 10:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Out of curiosity, why are you using your CPAP during the day without the intention of sleeping?

Weak diaphragm.

and the eye glasses part of your question?

As I posted earlier, I use VPAP and also use the wisp nasal mask.

Not sure how to respond to the part about eye glasses though.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed Quattro FX (note: not Mirage Quattro nor Quattro Air) is a Full Face Mask that has no forehead support so you can wear glasses with it on.

Just to clear up a little misunderstanding: "BiPAP" is trademarked by Philips Resperonics as the name of their bi-level CPAP. "BiPAP" simply means a PR bi-level CPAP. ResMed bi-level CPAPs are trademarked as VPAP (which simply means "variable" CPAP. Some folks generically refer to all bi-level CPAPs as BiPAPs.

BiPAP, VPAP, APAP - they are all CPAPs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 454 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.