Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Master Reset on Dreamstation 500
Master Reset on Dreamstation 500
Hi,

Does anyone know how to do a master reset on my DreamStation 5000.  I would like to try that before I send it back to the factory
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Master Reset on Dreamstation 5000
If you're talking about the DSX500xxx, then use the clinical settings and reset patient data and therapy hours. If you need a manual, get the CPAP Setup Manual through the forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Malibu123,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having
issue with my Dreamstation DSX500T11 too. Been using for the past year and had a reading of 7-8 Cm2O reading every nite. Recently i only get 4 and constant throughout the nite. I went into clinician settings and checked under device and it does shows Auto. Not sure what else to do and hence I was thinking if it will make sense to resort to factory setting by resetting the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2018, 06:51 PM)Healthkares Wrote: I am having
issue with my Dreamstation DSX500T11 too. Been using for the past year and had a reading of 7-8 Cm2O reading every nite. Recently i only get 4 and constant throughout the nite. I went into clinician settings and checked under device and it does shows Auto. Not sure what else to do and hence I was thinking if it will make sense to resort to factory setting by resetting the machine?

If your machine is set to Auto mode at 4 minimum and 20 maximum pressure, this is a wide open or default pressure, and is probably not giving you the best therapy treatment.  Do you know what your Median or 90% pressure readings have been?

Your profile states that you are using #SleepyHead, so if you would follow the links below in my signature line and post a recent screenshot of the daily page here, we will be able to see what’s going on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Master Reset on Dreamstation 500
Hi OpalRose,
Thank you for your willingness to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you need to move your minimum pressure up closer to your Median number and preferably 2cm under your 95% reading, which would be around 8cm minimum pressure.

This should take care of the snores, Flow limitation, obstructives and hypopneas.

Respironics machines are slower to react to Apnea events than a ResMed machine, so a minimum pressure that is closer to where it needs to be will work best.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2018, 10:49 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I think you need to move your minimum pressure up closer to your Median number and preferably 2cm under your 95% reading, which would be around 8cm minimum pressure.  

This should take care of the snores, Flow limitation, obstructives and hypopneas.  

Respironics machines are slower to react to Apnea events than a ResMed machine, so a minimum pressure that is closer to where it needs to be will work best.

Thank you and I will try and adjust the min pressure. The other issue that I have is that since the past week I only get  CONSTANT pressure of 4cm while in the past it used to be around 7. It's no longer an Auto CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Healthkares, use this easy tutorial to enter your clinical settings: https://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-...structions

Make sure your machine is in auto mode, with a minimum pressure of 8.0 and set the maximum at 12.0. I think that should work pretty well for you. If your machine is not an auto CPAP (DSX500T11) and is the Pro CPAP (DSX400T11) let us know. It means your machine has resumed fixed CPAP mode after being in an AutoIQ mode which is limited to 30 days.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2018, 07:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Healthkares, use this easy tutorial to enter your clinical settings: https://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-...structions

Make sure your machine is in auto mode, with a minimum pressure of 8.0 and set the maximum at 12.0.  I think that should work pretty well for you.  If your machine is not an auto CPAP (DSX500T11) and is the Pro CPAP (DSX400T11) let us know. It means your machine has resumed fixed CPAP mode after being in an AutoIQ mode which is limited to 30 days.

Thanks Sleeprider. I will do as advised and I can confirm that I am using DSX500T11 and is set as Auto CPAP . Not sure if there is such a thing as factory reset like mobile phones?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 232 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 209 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 903 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Any one know how reset the Resmed Airsense 10? hs8738 8 28,007 11-24-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apex XT Auto CPAP - Error 003 - Factory Reset? zephyr325 0 879 05-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: zephyr325
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,089 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Reset use time to a later time Garyp 34 2,147 11-05-2022, 02:53 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.