Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MyAir New TOS - Form to Opt Out
Rainbow 
MyAir New TOS - Form to Opt Out
On March 2nd, MyAir announced a change to their terms of service, taking effect on February 28, 2018 for new users and 30 days later for existing users.

If you would like to delete your account with MyAir, you can do so at https://myair.resmed.com/SupportFormPage.aspx, using these selections in the dropdown menus to open the correct form (Note: deleting your account will mean that your doctor and DME will no longer have remote access.):

• Category: Account
  • Subcategory: Account Changes
  • Question: How do I cancel my account?
If you prefer to contact them via email, this is the direct email address from the reply that I received: Software Support - myAir Support <myairsupport@resmed.com>

Why are these new Terms of Service a concern?

Everyone has their own level of comfort about how their data and geographic location are shared with others. I don't want to start a debate over whether those concerns are valid or not.

I am only posting this because another forum member wanted to opt out but the new disclaimer on the website prevented him from navigating the site without agreeing to the new analytics. ("By continuing to use myAir, you accept the use of cookies and analytics that ensure you get the best experience.")

Pasted below is a copy of the summary of changes which were sent by email:

Quote:Here’s a summary of the changes:
  • Unified health experience: We may link your non-health-related, personal data in myAir to your data in our other ResMed platforms to provide a more unified experience. For example, this would allow us to provide you the contact details of your home medical equipment (HME) or healthcare provider (HCP). Subject to local laws, we may also inform your HME or HCP that your device is registered with myAir.
  • Personalized service: In the United States, we may now collect personal data from publicly available sources (such as demographics) to learn more about the sleep apnea population and give you better service. Your data is only collected if you have agreed it could be shared with third parties (like us) or allowed it to be public.
  • Better promotional communications: If you agree to promotional communication, we may now link your personal data with information about you from third-party public databases. In the United States, we may now engage third parties to market for us through other communication methods like social media.
We also provided clarification on the following items:
  • Use of mobile analytics: Our use of mobile analytics does not include your personal data.
  • Use of myAir: The content and coaching provided by ResMed is not medical advice. Your use of myAir is by choice and should not replace advice from a qualified medical professional.
  • Your consent: ResMed obtains therapy information from your healthcare or home medical equipment provider only if you consent. This information is used only with myAir.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 448 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 573 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 437 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,446 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 457 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,044 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,742 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.