Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Max Pressure Adjustment
RE: Max Pressure Adjustment
The nurse told me at sleep clinic to put a maximum pressure to 20.0 mmH2O. The machine takes only the necessary pressure. Over the course of 3 months, I have usually had maxima of 12 or 13 mmH2O.

The maximum pressure setting may well be 20.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
That may very well be the case.  However if your CPAP percieves enough of a flow limitation, regardless if it is real or not, the algorithm will continue to elevate pressure, to the maximum programmed pressure, in an attempt to eliminate the flow limit condition.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My take on setting max pressure is to set it initially at machine max.  Another is to set it at a lower value to prevent it from going to the max, say something like 14.  

IF the pressure does not run away (to the max set) leave it alone.  To me this is only a 1 night evaluation.

In either case, you evaluate what the results are and go from there, adjusting up or down as indicated by the results.

for the OP with a fairly low max pressure set, I see no problems with raising it 1 or 2 cmw then evaluating the results.  The question I have is why is the max set at that value?  Minimize centrals? controlling aerophagia? user couldn't handle higher pressures?
Post Reply Post Reply
So after increasing the pressure to 16 I am seeing that my ahi's are increasing.  

The OSA has gone down, but CSA is increasing (for the most part).

CSA is now almost always over 10

I am probably not doing myself any good by checking therapy every day.

I would like to share my charts/info as I dont know how to interpret, so my question is, which charts do I show and how can I snap them off of my screen and put them on the site.

Regards,

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my updated stats with personal information removed.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK,so let me add to the thread, since I have not gotten any responses about my chart.  One thing I see on the board that makes sense is go by how do you feel.  

Since increasing my pressure, I have found that I am sleeping through the night which is something I haven't done for a while.  Before the pressure adjustment, I would go to bed and wake up 3 ours later to go to the bathroom.  So this is a plus so far.  I still have a higher rate of central sleep apnea as opposed to obstructive sleep apnea, but I have a feeling these central sleep apneas are from tossing and turning.

My pressure has not gotten to the max yet, so I am staying the course and waiting to see what happens in the upcoming weeks
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that feeling better for the therapy is the goal. Maybe keep at it as is another day or so then evaluate again. Feel free to keep posting comments, observations, etc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 350 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Comfortable adjustment with Evora FFM Columbiabill 3 454 12-15-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,005 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Titration Help/Next Adjustment Advice arch 4 580 10-09-2023, 01:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 980 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 667 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  What AirCurve 10 ASV adjustment makes it easier to exhale against pressure? DevinJones 12 1,276 05-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.