Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Max pressure
Max pressure
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed airfit F30i mask .. anything higher than 9.5 for max pressure causes major leakage for me .. feels like the mask is lifting off my face. it wakes me up .. I press hard on the mask to reduce the leakage  ... but never get a good result with max pressures of 10 or 11 ... but at 9.5 pressure, the AHI goes up from 0.2 - 0.5 events pre hour to about 1.0 per hour...

I do wash my face just before bed to remove any natural oils .. and the mask is cleaned daily with hand wipes ( alcohol based)..

any suggestion on increasing the max pressure without getting more leaks?
thanks
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Max pressure
It is possible that mask doesn't fit you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2021, 03:36 PM)Gideon Wrote: It is possible that mask doesn't fit you.

the mask was fitted ( in person) by the supplier. It feels as if it fits properly.
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you feel you must clamp the mask on tightly with accompanying discomfort or pain to lessen leaks? If yes, then no the mask isn't right for you. The cushion size can be incorrect, the model might be wrong, etc. Just note that the DME's and RT's aren't well known for always getting things right. They're really far more interested in getting you to agree to take it home, AKA the sale, much more than a focus on it actually being good or right for you.

Was the mask fit while you reclined back and under your therapy pressures? If no, then a fit fail. How can you not test the mask fit without pressure and lying back in a sleeping position?

As an example, my consistent leak rates on the ResMed ASV and the Fisher and Paykel Vitera full face were about 10 under the 95% column when I was using that therapy. My Max IPAP was 25-30. So I think it's safe to say something about your mask isn't up to the task if it can't handle a pressure of 10.

I suppose your OSCAR reported leak rate is less than optimal? How about a look at a typical Daily Details chart?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the advice .. makes sense...
any advice on other full face masks?
I started with a nose mask, went to pillow and then went to the F30i all within a month.
I have a cpap pillow that helped with the leakage, but with a max pressure of only 10 .. so each night , I'm upping the pressure by 1 .. seeing if I can get back to the original setting of 16...

thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Please post some recent OSCAR. We may be able to see something in the charts that will help. 

OSCAR is totally free at the top of the site. Check my lin on organizing charts in my signature. It also gives information on OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2021, 12:22 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Please post some recent OSCAR. We may be able to see something in the charts that will help. 

OSCAR is totally free at the top of the site. Check my lin on organizing charts in my signature. It also gives information on OSCAR.

I will post in a few days... trying out some different settings suggested on this board. after that, I'll be ready to post.

a few weeks ago, I tried a cloth liner as it was suggested that it would reduce leakage... well, it was very quiet.. assumed I had no leaks.. but to my dismay, I had 30% large leaks .. so much for liners.  :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah. The cloth liner will make disruption way less, and usually modulates leakage so it doesn't get bad enough to burst out. 

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,013 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 985 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 668 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,589 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,437 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,392 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,693 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.