Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Maximum CA number
Question 
Maximum CA number
Been looking over the Sleepyhead statistics and noticed that my "best night" (tongue in cheek) had the largest CA number and was with nasal pillow mask and mouth (painfully) taped shut.  So it appears that in daily we want the circle to be completely purple, 100% clear airway. Right?  Remember I have no clue whats going on and the more I read on line and google the more confused I get.

Well I was going to attach chart file but got message saying reached attachment quota of 600kb. So guess I done hers.  And unless someone hand holds me through every  Imgur tiny step as it works right this minute, I give up.  I am not a software Bill Gates genius.  Any other boards I am on and post images, is browse, click, done, none of this intermediary c*** steps.  (Little cranky are we?, you bet I haven't had one good nights sleep like I used too since beginning this torture.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Maximum CA number
CA or clear airway is an event that the machine scores when there is a lapse in automatic breathing for 10 seconds or more. I have a one or two every night. I was informed that they will settle out as we get used to cpap therapy. The therapy causes our O2 saturation to rise and throws off the brain off in signaling our bodies to take a breath. Sometimes they can be caused by rolling over or a change in postion.
Post Reply Post Reply
"So it appears that in daily we want the circle to be completely purple, 100% clear airway. Right?"
No, clear airways are apnea events just like obstructives.

You can delete some of your prior attachments to free up room for more. Go to USERCP - upper, right, then look on left for "Manage Attachments.'
You'll see a list of attachments you've already done, your quota, and how much you've used. Just selectand delete some older attachments.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2017, 10:09 AM)justMongo Wrote: "So it appears that in daily we want the circle to be completely purple, 100% clear airway. Right?"
No, clear airways are apnea events just like obstructives.

You can delete some of your prior attachments to free up room for more.  Go to USERCP  - upper, right, then look on left for "Manage Attachments.'
You'll see a list of attachments you've already done, your quota, and how much you've used.  Just selectand delete some older attachments.
So then if AHI was zero, no snores etc, then the circle would be white or clear because all parameter would be perfect zeros?

Thank you for the how to clear images!  I  will print this off for future reference.  Then I will try to repost my very best AHI and the worst one.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your AHI is 0.0, you will see a smiley face in lieu of a pie chart.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking through data, here is my best and worst nights.  I don't have notes on masks used or any thing about sleeping conditions etc.

[attachment=3485]

[attachment=3484]
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe you need more help than the forum can provide.

Remember this post by Sleeprider?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid206065
He says: "First, this looks, feels and probably is Complex Apnea. Something has changed in your health, and it's between you and your doctor to determine why you have abundant central apnea and hypopnea. Any investigation will likely key in on cardiac issues."

You may never achieve good results with the machine you have. Take the advice above and follow up with a cardiologist.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2017, 06:59 PM)justMongo Wrote: I believe you need more help than the forum can provide.

Remember this post by Sleeprider?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid206065
He says: "First, this looks, feels and probably is Complex Apnea. Something has changed in your health, and it's between you and your doctor to determine why you have abundant central apnea and hypopnea. Any investigation will likely key in on cardiac issues."

You may never achieve good results with the machine you have.  Take the advice above and follow up with a cardiologist.
Oh you bet.  That's why I am assuming that there is more going on than meets the eye here.  If five different masks and various suggestions haven't started a progressive downward trend then this cpap is just a bandage over the root cause problem wound.
Thanks. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back and read Sleeprider's post that JustMongo referenced. Sleeprider had suggested changing your pressures min. 6, max. 6, flex off and auto mode. You may want to change your settings, Sleeprider's suggestions are usally spot on. See if the changes help
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just reading this update, and thinking my pressure suggestions would not change. About the only way I can see the situation improving is fixed low pressure without Flex.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 504 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Number of Events? Heaviside 8 365 02-12-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 REF Number The Mask Bandit 2 224 02-05-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] New to APAP. High number of "Clear Airway events". Not sure what to do. lujojo 17 1,174 01-30-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: lujojo
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 358 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Same number of events with or without the mouth guard I got to treat sleep apnea? hejohoo 0 400 08-27-2023, 10:12 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Daytime fatigue w/ lower AHI, higher number of CA quartet3424 6 1,143 07-17-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.