Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Maxoak K2 battery question
Maxoak K2 battery question
I  recently purchased a maxoak k2 battery and a 12v to 24v converter to power my cpap when I go camping this summer. When I plug into the 12v port on the battery my cpap won't turn on but when I plug into the 20v port the cpap turns on and run fine. Is it ok to use the 20v port? Shouldn't the cpap work when I plug into the 12v port? Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Maxoak K2 battery question
You are using the ResMed Airsence 10 AutoSet correct?

The converter you use should be the proprietary one made for your machine by ResMed. This machine is a 24 VDC machine; plus has a 3rd wire that must carry a correct V and series R to handshake with the machine. The machine has a triaxial power socket.

Question: Whose converter are you using?

Input to their converter can be 12 to 24 Volt DC.

Most people are using 12 VDC SLA/AGM batteries.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Your post indicates you're using the Resmed 12/24 converter. The MaxOak has two output ports
1 DC OUT (12V/2.5A Round Port)
1 DC OUT (20V/3A Round Port)

These are marginal in amps output to start the CPAP. We were using a Poweradd Pilot Pro 320000 mAh that had 4.7 amp 12 volt output and it did pretty good, but is apparently discontinued. I'm surprised you are able to run on the 20V 3A output port. This one makes me a bit nervous for warranty purposes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider is correct. As you need over twice the current from a 12V supply to run the 24V ResMed. (Over twice because of conversion loss.)

We could also look at this from a power point of view:
DC OUT (12V/2.5A Round Port) = 30 Watts
DC OUT (20V/3A Round Port) = 60 Watts

The regular AC line powered brick is a 90 Watt supply.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the BPS 24v power converter for Resmed air 10 & s9 series devices. Specs say input:12v dc output: 24v/3.75a max.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's not a genuine ResMed converter.

Most often used is ResMed part number 37297:
[Image: Accessories_Air-10-DCNADC_converter_heroimage.jpg]
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The resmed batterie$$$ are 3.75 amp power sources. So any Li-ion power bank that can match that should work. Most of them are intended to power portable devices and have a maximum 2.5 amp output. 12 volts at 3.75+ is what is needed when used with the 12/24 converter, or directly with any 12-volt Philips CPAP. The actual demand of the CPAP is usually less than 1-amp when operating, but startup is generally higher.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a cross-reference here: see my post in the reviews forum for a possibly useful note about the Resmed converters, and (in the rest of that thread) more about battery packs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whoa! Way to revive a long dead zombie thread. Impressive.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2018, 02:13 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Whoa!  Way to revive a long dead zombie thread.  Impressive.

Thanks. Having searched & read about that subject (but not the big artillery so far, just the Li-ion packs) and about one or two others, I know that the good information is scattered far & wide here on AB and can't always be found quickly when searching, so every cross-reference helps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 6 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,824 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,438 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon
  Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery BKeeper 21 3,500 01-08-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Battery pack for Resmed Airsense 10 Jantoe 15 3,885 12-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.