Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

May 1st, cleaning time!
May 1st, cleaning time!
Yep, May 1st. A great time to schedule cleaning events. So I scrubbed up my mask, my pillows thingy, my air hose, my humidifier bucket... Everything.

In my opinion a guy ought to take time out to clean his stuff frequently. At least once a quarter....

So I'm all set now.

Hmm.. Maybe I should change the filter? Nah, that would be overkill.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: May 1st, cleaning time!
besides, cat hair makes a great filter....
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone just thought I would check in. I got my new Resmed Airsense this week I had a Respironics for 1 month trial but after all the research I decided to go with Resmed. I have an Eson nose mask I like it very much I, have never slept better. The second Night I used my new resmed I felt like I was struggling for breath, I though oh no "the machine isn't working". After playing with the settings I realized that I had pulled my mask so tight that it was squishing my nose closed. Needless to say that after a minor adjustment it again felt fantastic. lol. Thanks for reading breath good everyone. Gary
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Gary. Good luck with the new machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2015, 11:09 PM)geebee Wrote: Hello everyone just thought I would check in. I got my new Resmed Airsense this week I had a Respironics for 1 month trial but after all the research I decided to go with Resmed. I have an Eson nose mask I like it very much I, have never slept better. The second Night I used my new resmed I felt like I was struggling for breath, I though oh no "the machine isn't working". After playing with the settings I realized that I had pulled my mask so tight that it was squishing my nose closed. Needless to say that after a minor adjustment it again felt fantastic. lol. Thanks for reading breath good everyone. Gary
Hi geebee,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you found a good adjustment for your mask to make it work well for you.
Good luck with your new machine and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi retired_guy,
Thanks for the reminder, I'm about due to change my filter. I look at it this way, when I'm not sure when I changed my last one, it's time to change it, (Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I endeavour to wash my equipment every week. And about once a month I'll compare the color of the current filter with a new one and if the old one is significantly darker, I'll replace it.

What I'm really bad at is replacing the pillows on a regular basis; usually I'll wait for them to turn yellow and get slightly stiff. Whistle
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks retired_guy for reminding me. I may even wipe down the outside of my machine.
While I'm at it, I'll change my bed sheets...oh what the heck, I may as well clean out the closet too.
Bouncy
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I always wondered whether my "never wash anything" rule was a bit strict until I got bad rainout in my tube and mask last week.

Changed both for the reserve units and hung them in my bedroom to dry.

1 week later they are not dry. Lesson learnt. NEVER WASH TUBING EVER.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this mean I have to wash my socks?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 203 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,417 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 220 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.