Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

May 1st, cleaning time!
RE: May 1st, cleaning time!
Man I wish I could do a once a month cleaning, but I just can't do it. So, I do my humidifier tub and pillows daily, and the tubing, mask frame, and headgear once a week.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first got my cpap machine, the DME told me I 'must' clean everything....mask, pillows, tubing, humidifier etc. absolutely every day. I followed those instructions about one week and now I do it weekly IF I remember. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I hang my tube and mask everyday, clean everything properly once a week. Everything air dries in a couple of hours, except fabric parts like the mask liner and headgear which takes all day.

LabRat - did you hang your hose to dry? Even with the bad weather you are having it shouldn't take a week if hung. Alternatively, run the machine on low with no humidifier or mask, and the hose hanging so the open end is on the floor. Half an hour of that should be sufficient to dry it out reasonably well.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been hanging over my chest of drawers and still has water beads right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2015, 07:33 AM)lab rat Wrote: It has been hanging over my chest of drawers and still has water beads right now.

I hang my hose over the shower curtain rod to dry so that most of the hose is vertical. There are usually still a few water drops left when I hook it back up at night. I put the CPAP machine into warmup mode and the water drops are gone when I'm ready to put the mask on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,453 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 812 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.