Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Maybe no more hoseheads?
Maybe no more hoseheads?
Y'all, check this out:

http://www.fundairing.com/journal/2015/4...pap-device
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Maybe no more hoseheads?
It's been discussed. But hoseheads will continue. it will likely be a one pressure device. Wouldn't help mouthbreathers, those who do better with automatics, or those with high pressures. In addition, it was described as a throwaway device, so the result may actually be too expensive for many. Great idea and I hope it develops. Even if it only works for 20-30%, that may be more people using a cpap than would otherwise do so because they are turned off by the masks and tubes.
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght=airing
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
He's raised over $788,000 in the past 24 days from donations to manufacture these.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see why he can't make it fit in a face mask for the mouth breathers like me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most likely is a scam of some sorts, but it's a thought!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2015, 09:43 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: Most likely is a scam of some sorts, but it's a thought!
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck
Post Reply Post Reply
If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, you're drunk. Ducks don't talk.

My opinion is that it's probably not a scam, but I doubt he'll actually make it work. It looks to me like someone with just enough scientific/technology/manufacturing knowledge to be dangerous.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did some rough calculations in another thread using data sheets available for on the market microblowers. It would take 2.5lb of batteries to power it for 8 hours on a reasonable pressure setting.

Here's the text:

I found a company commercially selling "Microblowers" (Also, these ones are 2cm*2cm)

20cmH2O ~= 2 KPA.

At that pressure, the blower has < 0.5L per Minute of flow. Flow rate for a CPAP is conservatively 20l/minute, or 40 pumps.

Their Tech sheet says typical consumption is 0.2W, so we're looking at least at 8W of continuous draw for 8+ hours, so 64Whrs of power needed for a night.

A zinc-air battery has a practical energy density of 470Whrs/Kg, or .47Whrs/g. To supply the power, they'd need ~140g of just battery, or about 1/4 lb.

Feasable so far, if bigger than the picture. Issue is that the battery is 1.65V and the blowers need 10V-20V. Since Whrs scale with voltage, you're now talking about needing 9x the amount of battery to power it, even if you ignore that the voltage converter will have losses, so about 2.5lb of battery just hanging off your nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2015, 09:27 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: Y'all, check this out:

Looks promising; however since they chose Indiegogo I will not participate. I have crowdfunded through Indi 7 times now and was ripped off each time. Not once did I receive anything promised. And the Indiegogo staff just says, "it is between you and the funder" while they continue to allow the funder to ask for money.

Wish they had chosen a different funding site but it looks like they will do fine without me. Almost to goal

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup Thank you JediMark and HoseHeads for help with SleepyHead MAPnea 8 3,076 12-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.