Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Maybe no more hoseheads?
RE: Maybe no more hoseheads?
(07-09-2015, 07:04 AM)archangle Wrote: If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, you're drunk. Ducks don't talk.

My opinion is that it's probably not a scam, but I doubt he'll actually make it work. It looks to me like someone with just enough scientific/technology/manufacturing knowledge to be dangerous.
Drunk, no problem with that. A bit of what you fancy does you the world of good, especially in these uncertain times

Maybe, he is genius but the fact of matter, he is asking for money from strangers
Why not go to the banks, just like any other business or put his own money or even shark tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Ducks do talk, you just can't understand them. I called quite a few ducks to their demise and I like the way Zonk thinks!
Post Reply Post Reply
If we assume for a minute that this is not a scam (and I will only assume it for this thought, because it seems to be a scam), I'm not really sure what the advantage is comfort-wise. Nasal pillows press up against my nostrils at night. It's not annoying at all. The machine is silent. The pressure relief makes exhaling a breeze (yes, pun intended). The hose is in a cozy and does not annoy me or get in the way, because my hose hanger drops it down right in front of my face. The headgear for the A10 is pretty non-invasive.

So would I want to trade this for something that would be more like someone jamming a couple of #2 pencils up my nostrils? With plastic fins to hold them there? Probably not. No humidity control, no pressure control, not enough pressure to be therapeutically sound for probably 95% of potential users, not enough battery to last very long. And your bed partner might even laugh louder and longer at you with this appliance coming out of your face.

If someone gave me one, and it worked, I would like to have it, but only as a backup to a power failure or maybe for a quick overnight trip.

But it seems almost criminal that folks can fundraise like this for something that seems obviously this sketchy. I never like it when folks prey on other folks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was reported that PT Barnum weighed in on the developer's business model sometime back in the late 1800s. If the developer has raised over three-quarters of a million dollars, it kind of proves the model.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup Thank you JediMark and HoseHeads for help with SleepyHead MAPnea 8 3,099 12-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.