Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mayo Clinic Jacksonville FL
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville FL
Has anyone gone to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville FL to attempt to treat your sleep condition. If so, what was your experience?

Thanks to all who take the time to respond
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mayo Clinic Jacksonville FL
I'm wondering what the reasons are for not looking locally. Have you some complications along with apnea?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Just not happy with the two offices I'm been to, no follow up, I feel like I'm on my own. No response to calls or emails, no monitoring of my data, nothing. Sry disappointing. So I'm trying to go see what is supposed to be the best.

What does everyone think ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd be inclined to do a Google Map Search of sleep physicians in the vicinity of the nearest large town, then check reviews of the ones that you'd consider. Also have a list of the criteria that must be met for you to consider them - in your insurance network if you have one, hours open, number of staff, DMEs they use, etc.

Example search results using your city. Zoom out to see farther candidates.

Some docs are very unaccustomed to patients who want to take an active part in their health condition management. You might contact them one last time informing them that you do want to be an active partner and letting them know that if they aren't willing to work with you, you will be taking your business elsewhere. That may or may not get their attention. If you're lucky, it will and they'll get busy for you.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used Health Grades to find doctors. Gives background, what they treated, which hospitals associated with, where they studied and more.

http://healthguides.healthgrades.com/all
Post Reply Post Reply
The Mayo in Rochester, MN is superb. That doesn't mean that the satellites are just as good. Just to let you know. I assume you are going to snowbird your way to Florida. Enjoy!

I would call local clinics and then ask to talk to the tech. Find out - does the doctor look at the data OTHER THAN the compliance stuff? You want someone who actually does more than the absolute minimum. Mine looks at the additional stuff, but then the doc said she was going to research something (for bro) and then pawned him off on a PA. I GET that maybe there isn't anything more she can do, but I was EXTREMELY annoyed to make the appointment with the DOCTOR and get no warning that we were getting the PA instead. My brother is severely handicapped and this was a completely pointless visit. There was no reason to have to take him out of the house. We will not be returning for him. He'll just get his supplies signed off by his primary after this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP Perchance2Dream 0 409 05-09-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Perchance2Dream
  Which vendor/clinic to use for a home sleep study? Out-of-state OK. NightOwl42 2 461 03-07-2023, 04:18 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Recent in clinic sleep study w nap study 53lowt 0 410 06-01-2022, 09:16 PM
Last Post: 53lowt
  Recommendations for a sleep medicine center or clinic in Bangalore, India? dangerous7 3 840 05-26-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: dangerous7
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,202 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Introduced my sleep clinic to OSCAR Boxermum 21 2,137 08-23-2021, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Canada: legality of requesting sleep study from clinic jgudnason 6 908 07-11-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.