Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Meaning of EPR and Essentials for Airsense 10
(12-06-2015, 10:39 PM)rfin16 Wrote: Do you think it would be too much to set EPR to three? I am trying to train to breath through my nose with the pillows and its working except a feeling of difficulty breathing out at times. Would this undermine the therapeutic effects and make it difficult for the machine to reach optimal pressures? Thanks for your advice.

You can set EPR to 3, but with your pressure setting of 4-20, EPR won't kick in until the APAP reaches a pressure 7. Then you would get exhale relief of 3cm, and you would then be breathing against a pressure of 4. The APAP can't go lower than 4cm no matter what EPR setting you use.

EPR does not make it difficult to reach optimal pressure, has nothing to do with it, but with a starting pressure of 4, it could take the APAP longer to reach optimal pressure, and possibly miss some apneas.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 12:26 PM)OpalRose Wrote: ckingzzzs, there is no EPR setting of 4. There is only 1,2 or 3. If the EPR is set to off, then there is no pressure relief when exhaling. You will exhale at whatever pressure your APAP is at the time.

I think you are confusing EPR with the lowest pressure that the Cpap can be set at which is 4.
These are two different things.

Thanks opalrose. I know there is no EPR setting of 4. I meant that if the EPR is Off, then the machine will resort to the lowest possible pressure of 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 01:50 PM)ckingzzzs Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 12:26 PM)OpalRose Wrote: ckingzzzs, there is no EPR setting of 4. There is only 1,2 or 3. If the EPR is set to off, then there is no pressure relief when exhaling. You will exhale at whatever pressure your APAP is at the time.

I think you are confusing EPR with the lowest pressure that the Cpap can be set at which is 4.

Thanks opalrose. I know there is no EPR setting of 4. I meant that if the EPR is Off, then the machine will resort to the lowest possible pressure of 4.

With EPR off, the pressure relief is zero. IPAP = EPAP
Post Reply Post Reply

To clarify, with EPR off there is no pressure relief but the machine does not go to lowest possible pressure. It will be at the pressure it is currently blowing at.
Coffee

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 01:50 PM)ckingzzzs Wrote:

No, only if the starting pressure is 4. The APAP can't go lower that the minimum start pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Post Reply Post Reply
I was welcomed to the creepy high tech era of medicine - I wrote the provider about EPR and they changed it to 3 remotely via the cell connection. Will see how I do on that setting tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto - Essentials Help smiledog 4 204 05-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Last Post: silversnore
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet APAP vs ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her SingerWang 11 687 04-04-2017, 12:07 AM
Last Post: JamesW
  Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP data versus Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset data David P. 4 1,261 10-29-2016, 08:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Meaning of RERA Rip and Rosie 7 1,773 04-17-2016, 11:44 AM
Last Post: green wings
Question AirSense 10 CPAP vs AirSense Elite with Sleepyhead FrankNichols 6 1,851 03-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Respironics Error Code Meaning evrgreen 7 3,895 06-17-2015, 10:35 PM
Last Post: GWild
  Meaning of these numbers. daddyhominum 12 2,631 09-15-2014, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Galactus