Mark Douglas Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Sys 1 (60) RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex 760P Auto Bi-Level (Variabl
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: PR Wisp
Humidifier: PR Sys One heated
CPAP Pressure: RiseTime 3 Fxd E-9.0 / I-11.5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Hashimoto's thyroiditis.

Sex: Male

RE: Measles -- vacinate old people?
(01-25-2015 09:36 AM)justMongo Wrote:  The US is currently having a measles outbreak.

Considering the vaccination rate as of 2013 was around 90% I wonder how these diseases find a host to propagate? Could the source be millions of illegal aliens? Oh-jeez

Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (4+ doses DTP, DT, or DTaP): 83%
Polio (3+ doses): 93%
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) (1+ doses): 92%
Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) (primary series + booster dose): 82%
Hepatitis B (Hep B) (3+ doses): 91%
Chickenpox (Varicella) (1+ doses): 91%
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) (4+doses): 82%

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
05-15-2015 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

(05-15-2015 12:07 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:  
(01-25-2015 09:36 AM)justMongo Wrote:  The US is currently having a measles outbreak.

Considering the vaccination rate as of 2013 was around 90% I wonder how these diseases find a host to propagate? Could the source be millions of illegal aliens?

Most of these little hotspots have worked down to a child or adult patient zero who visited a foreign country on vacation and then came back, often not yet sick. They aren't starting in the illegal immigrant areas. We have many adults who have legally settled here and never had vaccinations. My sister was exposed to TB more than 25 years ago at the university where there are many foreign students. Disease vectors are only a plane ride away.
05-15-2015 12:17 PM
Mark Douglas Offline

Advisory Members

(05-15-2015 12:17 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  
(05-15-2015 12:07 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:  

Considering the vaccination rate as of 2013 was around 90% I wonder how these diseases find a host to propagate? Could the source be millions of illegal aliens?

Most of these little hotspots have worked down to a child or adult patient zero who visited a foreign country on vacation and then came back, often not yet sick. They aren't starting in the illegal immigrant areas. We have many adults who have legally settled here and never had vaccinations. My sister was exposed to TB more than 25 years ago at the university where there are many foreign students. Disease vectors are only a plane ride away.

There is plenty of evidence to the contrary. It has also been stated TSA Allowing Illegals to Fly Without Verifiable ID.

05-15-2015 12:37 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

Quote: There is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

This forum is not about controversy regarding vaccinations or illegal aliens. There have not been any confirmed cases of illegals in the US causing measles (or other) outbreaks of vaccine preventable illness in the US. No patient zero has been identified for the January outbreak in CA (yet). It may surprise you to note that most 'illegals' in the US actually have had similar vaccinations in their home countries. The OP was asking about vaccinations for old people.

I wanted to also note that there is an apparent change in the recommendations for the pneumonia shot. I am unclear what is exactly recommended. It was supposed to be one shot and no repeats, but it seems you may need a booster at 5 years.
05-15-2015 01:10 PM
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

We have an online state immunization registry named "Georgia Registry of Immunization and Services", appropriately called "GRITS" (A southern thing). The MMR is a 2 injection immunization with the second injection being separated by a minimum of 30 days. For the adult dosage most people have to go to their county health center instead of their primary doctor. When I went to get my first MMR shot GRITS showed that it had only been 2 1/2 weeks since my Zostavax injection, which is another live virus. This put a halt on this immunization until I had waited at least 30 days. Now I'm good to go . . .where I don't know.

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
05-15-2015 01:40 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mark Douglas Offline

Advisory Members

(05-15-2015 01:10 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  
Quote: There is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

This forum is not about controversy regarding vaccinations or illegal aliens.

I do not want to make this personal but Unless you own this board you do not get to decide what is appropriate.
You might want to read the guidelines posted here. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...STING-HERE
Nor will I be shamed into silence. I'm sure my knuckles will be rapped if I need it in the opinion of the mods.

There have not been any confirmed cases of illegals in the US causing measles (or other) outbreaks of vaccine preventable illness in the US. No patient zero has been identified for the January outbreak in CA (yet). It may surprise you to note that most 'illegals' in the US actually have had similar vaccinations in their home countries. Having traveled a great deal in this hemisphere yes I would be most surprised. And yes 'illegal' mean illegal as in lawbreaker.The OP was asking about vaccinations for old people.
I wanted to also note that there is an apparent change in the recommendations for the pneumonia shot. I am unclear what is exactly recommended. It was supposed to be one shot and no repeats, but it seems you may need a booster at 5 years.

05-15-2015 01:51 PM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

(05-15-2015 01:51 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:  You might want to read the guidelines posted here. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...STING-HERE
Nor will I be shamed into silence.

Not a mod but I don't see anything posted here that would be outside the guidelines for the "off-topic" forum. yet. Smile

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
05-15-2015 05:57 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Oh and vaccinations are a scam. Here in God's waiting room we get inundated yearly for flu vaccines yet very few people actually have the flu when doctor's say they have the flu. CDC stated, not my opinion. The great H1N1 epidemic years ago, was a farce.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
05-15-2015 06:01 PM
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Speaking as a doctor, I can only say that nay sayers on vaccination are full of crap, and selfish to boot. Selfish because if you become a carrier, you can infect other people who might potentially get very sick and even die. Full of crap because you don't know a thing about medicine and have no idea what you are talking about. There is no Great Conspiracy here or Big Pharma or insurance scams going on - it is about trying to keep the bulk of the population well and undamaged as best we can.

Those of you sitting in God's Waiting Room will get to meet Her a lot sooner than you think if you decide that the lot of you can do whatever you want and ignore doctor's advice. You don't see a big picture and are not in possession of all the facts when you decide that just because you didn't see anyone get sick that no one was sick. And you are immensely selfish if you don't give a damn if you infect other people. Sure, go ahead and take a gamble with your life, I could care less, but don't gamble with other people's lives. I DO care about that.

Mosquitobait - it depends on how you were vaccinated for pneumonia. You would have to ask your GP to check your records and see if you need a booster.

Mark - almost every case of measles in the US hot zones can be traced back to unvaccinated carriers. Dumb parents who think that it is not holistic or whatever to have their children vaccinated. There are enough of them out there to create a tidy little outbreak or ten. The UK has the same problem. Switzerland has almost no problem at all, because even the crunchiest granola here still gets vaccinated. Almost all our cases come from immigrants out of countries where their vaccination was either not administered or was rejected by the host (it happens - not everybody develops the immunity via immunisation. ) or from locals where the immunisation has run out (after 50 it does) or it didn't take (see above comment). In the US most of your immigration is from lands nearby where immunisation is the norm - you do not have waves of refugees from Africa and the Middle East. We do. Almost all your cases, according to epidemiological analysis, are self inflicted. Also, do the maths - if 10% of the population is not vaccinated that leaves in the US 3,190,000 who are not vaccinated. Nice sized epidemic waiting to happen, if you ask me. Let me repeat that number - 3 MILLION 190 THOUSAND people at risk. That is a a bit under half the population of my country, and the population of a number of fair sized cities and several states in your country. Hmmm... all of Mississippi, Iowa or Arkansas out for the count, or every US city besides New York in bed or dead, and half of New York, too.... all because some people refused to get inoculated. Now THAT sound selfish. And dumb.

Sorry ffolks, but as you would say, that got my dander up. Not much does, but that sort of thing does.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 07:14 PM by DocWils.)
05-15-2015 07:01 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Sorry, you based your entire diatribe on "IF". IF doesn't cut it. How full of oneself one must be to assume anyone who is not a doctor must be "full of crap and selfish".

You have to get insurance so you are covered IF a flood inundates your house. Yet no record in the history of the records shows a flood ever happening where you live. "But I'm from NOAA and you are full of crap."

You need to get vaccinated so IF you get this or that you won't be a carrier. May be a true statement IF the person were to ever get infected. Sorry, but doctors push pills and make money and earn their living intimidating "the selfish". I've been to plenty of doctors who got it wrong. From across the room without examining I must have this. Here are some pills we got from a salesman that just walked in yesterday.

I've never received a "flu vaccine" and have never had the "flu". What you don't say nor admit is that the majority of people who doctors claim as "having the flu" have never had the flu. You can't make that diagnosis in the exam room. It requires a lab and according to CDC themselves most of what they are given to screen for "flu" is not flu. Its nice to sit there and say "I am a doctor, therefore you are an idiot." it doesn't make it true.

05-15-2015 07:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  If you snore, blame it on traffic fumes: People who live close to busy roads found to icyura10 3 229 08-30-2016 11:41 PM
Last Post: chill
Ohmy Why are people starting sentences with the word "So..."? SuperSleeper 57 3,664 05-27-2016 07:10 PM
Last Post: me50
  Don't honk at old people zonk 7 2,814 08-09-2012 12:34 AM
Last Post: Schnauzers 5