Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PickleBall4Life
RE: PickleBall4Life
In all your closeups, I see what I would call probably awakened breathing patterns prior to the events and would have labeled them sleep-wake-junk (SWJ) mentioned by others over the years, generally discounting those events as non-sleeping reason.
Your Dec 13 chart posted shows another indication that awakeness is immediately prior to the onset of CAs at 5:10. - The Tidal Volume peaks give away the waking status. Check out what TV for awakeness looks like at 22:00 and 01:16.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
The opinions I have offered up to this point are simply based on the condition in view from your Oscar charts, and any recommendations are based on optimizing the results if possible. I have to assume you are treating obstructive sleep apnea, and that was the result of your previous testing. It is impossible to know what your sleep breathing is like in the absence of therapy from the information available to us without a sleep test. Your first post stated a home sleep test determined mild-moderate OSA, and that you borrowed a friend's Airsense 10 to self-treat. Your AHI with treatment has been very good and has a mixed apnea that when I viewed it close-up appeared to have mostly obstructive or flow limitation issues. If it is your choice to discontinue self-treatment, there is very little to suggest that is a bad idea other than your home sleep study which we have not seen. It's rather hard to judge the home sleep study we have not seen, however, your are doing well with therapy and my suggestions have been solely to investigate if those results can be improved. I can't argue against the possibility that QAL concludes above that most of your events appear to be SWJ. There are arousals and non-sleep breathing apparent around the few events that are flagged.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in Ontario too.

Long time ago it took me almost two years to get my doc to refer me to a sleep doc. London ON. I passed the test at the Old Vic Hospital nurses residence that have been renovated. Told it was haunted. Bugs crawling on the floor. Don't know how I fell asleep. So I have Sleep Apnea.

Moved to Toronto and had the sleep doc from h*ll. When I told him I could adjust pressure he said I would be practicing medicine without a licence.

So I don't give medical advice....but gladly provide recommendations if I can help.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
My story isn’t important except to help you make choices.

Good luck in your search This forum is a wonderful place to learn
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey DaveL,

Haha... practicing medicine without a license eh?? More like cutting into their profits.

Thanks for sharing your story, looking forward to eventually improving my own sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
This forum is a precious place. It tolerated me when I had so much to learn. So many people have provided so much when I asked for recommendations

The poster wanted a diagnosis. Heck I can’t diagnose. My doctor did that. That’s the doctor’s job

I was impressed withhowmuch the poster knows.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.