Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medical Marijuana and Sleep Apnea?
RE: Medical Marijuana and Sleep Apnea?
Thank you all for the replies! Apologies I did not get back to everyone sooner!

To answer what a few of you have mentioned about THC/CBD:

I have two different "formulas". One for daytime, which is 2:1/THC:CBD. The night time one, that I vape before bedtime, is 8:1/THC:CBD.

My doctor is aware of my sleep apnea, but never mentioned to stop taking the Clonazepam. I have called the pulmonary doc (sleep doc) and have an appointment on Tuesday, so hopefully I will get some more clarity on this situation then. I have just been very nervous seeing my apneas go up double in a matter of a day.

Today, after posting this, I started to feel funny. Cloudy headed, dizzy, and just generally fatigued. At first I thought this might be due to the increase of apneas, which it may have very well been. But I am also starting to believe that it may have been withdrawal from the Clonazepam. To give everyone more of an idea of what I've been doing since starting the MM, it is as follows:

First night: Didn't take any Clonazepam as I was afraid the mix might make me sleep too deep and do something. I just vaped. My apnea that morning was at about 3, which is normal for me.

Second night: I took ONE Clonazepam (I normally take 2, 1mg) and then vaped. My apnea the next morning was almost 7 (which it's never been since I started treatment with the CPAP in May)

Third night: Thought that maybe the combo of Clonazepam and vaping may have been the cause for my apnea spike, so, like the first night, I didn't take ANY Clonazepam, and just vaped. Woke up and apneas were still at almost 7.

Based off of those 3 nights, it seems as though vaping may be the cause of it, but I'm still unsure. I can tell you the 2 nights that my apneas were high, I woke up with a very dry mouth.

Tonight, I plan on taking my Clonazepam like I was before I started MM, and NOT vape at all, just to see if my apneas go down. I've already taken one of the two and already feel a bit better than I did earlier in the day when I was feeling cloudy headed and woozy. More evidence to me that it may have been withdrawal that was making me feel "funny".

I'd love to hear you guys give me some more input as to what you think may be best or just some advice to get me through these next couple days. My anxiety has been pretty high being so worried about this spike in apneas and it just makes the PTSD worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2018, 03:30 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Just a “friendly” reminder on Apnea Boards policy concerning discussion of marijuana.

See footnote in Rule #2.

http://www.apneaboard.com/drug-policy.htm

So far, the discussion in this thread on the use of Medical Marijuana is fine.  

Thanks folks.  Smile

Cannabis is cannabis whether you add a prefix to it or not. Wish I could try it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your best bet is to get an SD card and download the info to Sleepyhead. Nobody can make recommendations without that info. I'm not sure medical pot improves sleep apnea, but since it does improve other conditions that can affect sleep apnea or sleep in general, it's worth a try when other options have failed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.