Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Air Fit F10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.5-17
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Medical Supplier Follow Up Visit
My medical supplier called to schedule a first follow up visit after providing a new machine. I'm wondering if they will give my a hard time about modifying the settings on the Deram Station. I have dramatically improved my results by increasing the base pressure and the results are evident in the Dream Mapper software. The setting changes are also displayed there.
03-22-2016 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

RE: Medical Supplier Follow Up Visit
(03-22-2016 03:43 PM)Zeeez Wrote:  My medical supplier called to schedule a first follow up visit after providing a new machine. I'm wondering if they will give my a hard time about modifying the settings on the Deram Station. I have dramatically improved my results by increasing the base pressure and the results are evident in the Dream Mapper software. The setting changes are also displayed there.

If your results have dramatically improved by you changing the settings, how can the medical supplier argue with that? The goal is for the patient to have a decent night's sleep and feel better. Who can argue with progress??Smile
03-22-2016 04:32 PM
Zeeez Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Air Fit F10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.5-17

Other Comments:

That's the way I see it too.

My AHI was 1.8 - 2.9 and is now down in the range of 0.2 - 0.4 with very rare OAs.
If they are going to hassle me or cause an issue with the insurance company, it would be better to know in advance. Originally they had it set to 4.0 ramp to 5.0 base pressure in 30 minutes and I wasn't getting enough air. Now I start at 9.5 and go to 10.5 in 5 minutes. It works well
03-22-2016 05:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

More than likely they want to verify compliance. If they say anything about you changing the pressure, point out the results.

If you have a second memory card, put that one in instead. Or make a backup copy of yours. Sometimes DMEs will rewrite the card and put the settings into the memory of the card. Whenever you take out the card or make changes, it checks to see if the settings have changed, then changes it back. By making a backup, you can overwrite it if that happens. Not sure if they can do that with the Dream Station but it never hurts to have a backup anyway!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-22-2016 06:03 PM
SideSleeper Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DS560HS REMstar Auto-A Flex+ +
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp & Dreamwear
Humidifier: Respironics System One
CPAP Pressure: APAP 11-11

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

My DME dosn't seem to mind when he sees I have been experimenting with my pressure settings. He just asks if my sleep doctor knows I am doing this! I was actually back to my original CPAP 11, only using APA 11/11 to get all the statistics on SH. He had authorized 10-14 in December. Both DME and doctor were impressed I knew as much as I did. Only suggestions from both was to mot make big changes--which I hadn't--I learned that right here on this forum.
05-23-2016 10:24 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
AndyB Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with RERA
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus, ResMed AirFit F10; PR Amara View
Humidifier: ResMed integrated heated
CPAP Pressure: 10.4-13.0

Other Comments: Diagnosed May 2015; EPR @ 1cmH2O; Ramp off; ResMed Climateline heated hose

I doubt the DME will care one bit. My experience is that DMEs want to confirm that you are using your machine enough to satisfy your insurance carrier (so the DME won't have to take the machine back and lose the sale), and also punch the "we provided follow-up services to the patient" box (so the DME will remain on the insurance carrier's "approved" list). Cynical, I know, but that's what I have experienced.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016 10:37 AM by AndyB.)
05-26-2016 10:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  CPAP and the Medical Industrial Complex asoundsleep 7 434 10-12-2016 05:54 PM
Last Post: surferdude2
  Changing Medicare Supplier when Moving jrh0 4 352 09-03-2016 01:53 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CPAP Buy out from equipment supplier help khafer 11 559 09-03-2016 01:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Hassels over getting a new DME supplier GrammaBear 5 359 08-26-2016 05:39 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  CPAP newbie question: Is it useful to visit a neurologist for hypopneas? Snurkel 18 972 07-25-2016 09:04 PM
Last Post: richb
  Supplier requires new prescription to test my machine?? Rgbeard75 7 874 07-17-2016 10:46 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Will DME Supplier provide different Mask as Replacement Supplies photosmike 8 588 06-09-2016 03:24 PM
Last Post: AndyB