Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medical Supplier Follow Up Visit
Medical Supplier Follow Up Visit
My medical supplier called to schedule a first follow up visit after providing a new machine. I'm wondering if they will give my a hard time about modifying the settings on the Deram Station. I have dramatically improved my results by increasing the base pressure and the results are evident in the Dream Mapper software. The setting changes are also displayed there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medical Supplier Follow Up Visit
(03-22-2016, 03:43 PM)Zeeez Wrote: My medical supplier called to schedule a first follow up visit after providing a new machine. I'm wondering if they will give my a hard time about modifying the settings on the Deram Station. I have dramatically improved my results by increasing the base pressure and the results are evident in the Dream Mapper software. The setting changes are also displayed there.

If your results have dramatically improved by you changing the settings, how can the medical supplier argue with that? The goal is for the patient to have a decent night's sleep and feel better. Who can argue with progress??Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
That's the way I see it too.

My AHI was 1.8 - 2.9 and is now down in the range of 0.2 - 0.4 with very rare OAs.
If they are going to hassle me or cause an issue with the insurance company, it would be better to know in advance. Originally they had it set to 4.0 ramp to 5.0 base pressure in 30 minutes and I wasn't getting enough air. Now I start at 9.5 and go to 10.5 in 5 minutes. It works well
Post Reply Post Reply
More than likely they want to verify compliance. If they say anything about you changing the pressure, point out the results.

If you have a second memory card, put that one in instead. Or make a backup copy of yours. Sometimes DMEs will rewrite the card and put the settings into the memory of the card. Whenever you take out the card or make changes, it checks to see if the settings have changed, then changes it back. By making a backup, you can overwrite it if that happens. Not sure if they can do that with the Dream Station but it never hurts to have a backup anyway!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
My DME dosn't seem to mind when he sees I have been experimenting with my pressure settings. He just asks if my sleep doctor knows I am doing this! I was actually back to my original CPAP 11, only using APA 11/11 to get all the statistics on SH. He had authorized 10-14 in December. Both DME and doctor were impressed I knew as much as I did. Only suggestions from both was to mot make big changes--which I hadn't--I learned that right here on this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt the DME will care one bit. My experience is that DMEs want to confirm that you are using your machine enough to satisfy your insurance carrier (so the DME won't have to take the machine back and lose the sale), and also punch the "we provided follow-up services to the patient" box (so the DME will remain on the insurance carrier's "approved" list). Cynical, I know, but that's what I have experienced.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 169 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 963 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,194 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  My medical provider called me, they want to schedule my titration study. Should I go? Phil487 8 1,069 07-06-2023, 01:18 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Questions about first follow up with Dr after starting cpap JulieK 2 601 06-29-2023, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.