Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Nuance Gel
Humidifier: Intergrated
CPAP Pressure: 5 to 11.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Medical Tag
Does anybody know where I can source a medical tag, as I travel a lot and it will make life easier at some of the Asian airline security, to have a medical device tag on my CPAP case.

Failure is NOT an option.
11-09-2014 05:11 AM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

RE: Medical Tag
(11-09-2014 05:11 AM)Eurika Wrote:  Does anybody know where I can source a medical tag, as I travel a lot and it will make life easier at some of the Asian airline security, to have a medical device tag on my CPAP case.

There are hundreds of medical tag makers on the Internet where you can order them quickly online. We can't post commercial links in this forum, but if you do a Google search for "medical tags", you'll get a plethora of companies that do this pretty cheaply with many different options, including size, type of material (plastic, metal, stickers), color, font style, number of lines of print etc.)

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

11-09-2014 10:46 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

SS, ever considered making one with the ApneaBoard logo? I would buy several!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-09-2014 12:44 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

That would be cool, I would buy some of those, too.

trish6hundred
11-09-2014 01:30 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

(11-09-2014 12:44 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  SS, ever considered making one with the ApneaBoard logo? I would buy several!

Yeah, that would be pretty cool, I think. But we've talked before about selling stuff using Apnea Board, and unfortunately, it would likely degrade our status as an "educational forum", thereby getting rid of the protection we have under Fair Use Copyright Laws (for our free and open distribution of copyrighted Clinician Setup Manuals).

Since our distribution of the manuals is an integral part of what we do here, I'd hate to have a legal challenge to our educational status simply because we started up some sort of online "store" to sell Apnea Board paraphernalia.

That said, there's nothing to stop someone else from doing that, or any individual member here from taking our logos or whatever and uploading them to one of those Medical Tags sites and ordering a few tags with the Apnea Board logo on them. We just can't be directly connected to something like that, unfortunately.

I would really love to offer Apnea Board coffee cups. But alas, we can't even do that and still maintain our pure educational status. crygreen

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

11-09-2014 11:00 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
becker44a Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus Lg
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: Rx 10 - 20cm, Usually 10-14cm
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(11-09-2014 11:00 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 12:44 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  SS, ever considered making one with the ApneaBoard logo? I would buy several!

Yeah, that would be pretty cool, I think. But we've talked before about selling stuff using Apnea Board, and unfortunately, it would likely degrade our status as an "educational forum", thereby getting rid of the protection we have under Fair Use Copyright Laws (for our free and open distribution of copyrighted Clinician Setup Manuals).

Since our distribution of the manuals is an integral part of what we do here, I'd hate to have a legal challenge to our educational status simply because we started up some sort of online "store" to sell Apnea Board paraphernalia.

Hi SS,
My wife belongs to a volunteer dog rescue that is a registered 501c3 non-profit charitable organization. They do lots of things to raise funds for the expenses of rescuing, transporting, vetting, etc. all those cairn terriers. They sell things directly, they have an eBay store, they run raffles, they have gatherings where (mostly donated) items are sold, and so forth. None of that has any effect on their legal status.

As long as Apnea Board doesn't charge a membership fee, or charge for the distribution of the manuals, or levy any toll that is in any way related to providing copyrighted material, I don't see how distribution of the copyrighted material could be construed to be a "commercial" activity, and I don't see how normal fund-raising activities changes that.

If I opened up a store and decided to sell sweatshirts, tee-shirts, mugs and other items featuring the logo and marks of the Ohio State University (popular here), I'm sure I would need to get permission to print such items, and there would be some royalty due to the university for use of its marks. I see this done all the time, and it sure doesn't affect their educational status.

I'm certainly not a lawyer, much less one that works in intellectual property, but I know someone to whom I can put a question or two. I'll let you know if I get any interesting answers.

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
11-10-2014 02:04 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Especially if the funds from the sale of the tags went right back into producing the tags and for the cost of the website.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

11-10-2014 05:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

I don't have the time right now to explain all of the details, but our situation is different than 501c3 non-profits who sell stuff in an online store to raise funds.

We have had legal threats in the past regarding our distribution of Clinician Manuals. As a result of those threats, we have had legal help and have been advised on what not to do in order to continue freely and opening distributing the copyrighted manuals without facing a legal challenge. We're going to stick with that legal advice.

Like I said, if someone wants to make Apnea Board luggage tags all by themselves, or even sell them online for profit or just cost or use our graphics and logos to make your own, that's fine. Apnea Board just can't be involved in that in any substantial way.

I'm not going to say more than that right now and I wish I had time to go into all the nitty gritty details, but I don't, nor do I want to tempt fate for those who might be "listening" to us here.

Thread closed for now. Thanks.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

11-10-2014 07:57 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [News] Hospital Medical Devices Used as Weapons in Cyberattacks AlanE 0 326 06-09-2015 01:54 PM
Last Post: AlanE
Angry I noted the medical device tax was applied to my last DME supplies justMongo 0 654 05-12-2014 08:51 PM
Last Post: justMongo
Question Medical Alert Bracelet with Link to Medical History/Info MAPnea 12 2,955 02-26-2014 09:53 AM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor
  [News] Medical Bills - You CAN fight them ApneaNews 0 1,025 07-21-2013 05:22 PM
Last Post: ApneaNews
  Is there a "Medical Mafia"? archangle 30 7,491 06-26-2013 04:06 PM
Last Post: Shastzi
Question Why don't medical professionals listen? PollCat 16 3,849 06-08-2013 05:18 PM
Last Post: archangle
  [News] MEDICAL DEVICE COMPANIES SUFFER DEADLY OBAMACARE TAX ApneaNews 5 3,005 02-05-2013 03:54 PM
Last Post: Shastzi