Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare Advantage Coverage for APAP
Does anyone have experience with UHC Medicare Advantage medical insurance and an APAP machine? Sorry for the rather specific question, but the DME I am using has been denied payment by UHC. I meet with DME tomorrow. Thank you.

Evie
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Insurance update: My insurance will pay for my APAP machine ... not a problem. The holdup is with the contract between my DME and UHC. They have been working on this "issue" now for almost a year. They should get things figured out eventually.
Post Reply Post Reply
Evie, you may need to find a different DME. Your insurance would be able to give you a list of providers that they contract with in your area.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your SleepyHead Charts
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots and Images.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Call your insurance company for the answer.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
At this time I am working with another DME but would prefer to work with the first one. It is complicated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BIPAP - Higher CA's than when on APAP Kosoku 14 353 05-22-2018, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [Treatment] New APAP User - Sleepyhead First Night Results amuse 5 141 05-21-2018, 07:53 PM
Last Post: tedvpap
  New APAP/CPAP User - Help with optimizing treatment battlesnore 6 159 05-21-2018, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  apap chart evaluation snorybob 5 257 05-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Last Post: gwc2795
  18 mths of apap: need help optimizing settings to feel better sheepless 22 713 05-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: sheepless
Question Used S9 VPAP ST as a backup APAP DaveY 5 151 05-10-2018, 02:24 PM
Last Post: DaveY
  [Pressure] Apap min pressure optimization juliomalva61 13 561 04-30-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape