Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual
ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual
I've noticed recently that when I look at my stats in myAir, the usage hours are longer than I know I was in bed (I actually keep track of what time I go to bed and get up for another reason).  Is this normal or cause for concern?  Sometimes it's as much as an hour.  Wouldn't that mean my AHI was incorrect if it was calculated based on more hours than actual?  

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual
Is it both the start and end times that are off by an hour?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, it's the total time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just tossing ideas out till we get one that sticks, is it about 15-20 minutes extra time? If it is, it might be MyAir is including the cool down time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the difference is as much as an hour then I would have to guess that there is some sort of glitch on ResMeds server end. There have been users who say their times are off by few minutes, which may just be rounding errors in the MyAir app, but an hour seems excessive. I only used the app briefly a couple of years ago.

It looks like you are also using OSCAR. Are the times correct when you import your data there?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, hadn't thought of that, could be?  A lot of the discrepancies are shorter like that. But there have been a few that were 1+ hours, seems unlikely it would cool down for that long?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2022, 04:19 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: If the difference is as much as an hour then I would have to guess that there is some sort of glitch on ResMeds server end.  There have been users who say their times are off by few minutes, which may just be rounding errors in the MyAir app, but an hour seems excessive.  I only used the app briefly a couple of years ago.

It looks like you are also using OSCAR.  Are the times correct when you import your data there?

It does seem that the OSCAR times are way closer to reality, so it probably is some issue with ResMed.  Thanks for suggesting that, I don't look at my stats on OSCAR all the time and hadn't even thought of verifying against it!
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed cool down should be pretty consistent at 20 minutes. I know it adds to overall run hours. But as Jeff mentions, there is a rounding aspect to consider.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 9 98 4 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 136 Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 394 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 322 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 540 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 315 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 517 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.