Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare Compliance Question
Medicare Compliance Question
I understand that Medicare compliance requires usage of a CPAP machine for a minimum of 4 hours a day for 70% of the time during the first 90 days.  I am past one year into using my CPAP machine and own the machine now.   

My question is, does Medicare continue that compliance requirement AFTER the 90 days, as far as having any impact on their continuing to pay for the masks, hoses, etc.?  I should add that my compliance is very good (thanks in large part to honing in on the right mask and other helpful tips I learned from this forum), but there are times (short trips away from home, etc.) that I would feel okay skipping some days if it wouldn't affect Medicare coverage of those items.

Do I need to worry about this??   Huh
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Medicare Compliance Question
No need to worry. As I understand it, the compliance requirement is just to prove you are actually using the machine that they are paying for. You now own it. Just keep on with your good compliance for your own health! Good job!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you change types of machines, ie CPAP to a BiPAP, the compliance clock restarts. Going thru that with my wife.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your helpful answers!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and DME Greg Schultz 5 163 07-30-2022, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Greg Schultz
  [Equipment] Will medicare pay for my oxygen condenser based on this result? ThinMountainAir 4 363 07-20-2022, 04:27 PM
Last Post: ThinMountainAir
  Will Medicare Cover 2nd Opinions on SA Diagnosis? manich 4 190 07-05-2022, 11:45 AM
Last Post: manich
  Medicare and new CPAP device in future? okieman 6 384 05-04-2022, 11:43 PM
Last Post: okieman
Arrow [Admin Note] Is there a HIPAA compliance attorney or compliance officer in the house? SuperSleeper 1 566 04-22-2022, 01:51 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Medicare CPAP supply requirements car54 7 548 03-24-2022, 07:12 AM
Last Post: car54
  Medicare: DME questions Rgn3 13 680 03-13-2022, 08:11 PM
Last Post: thistle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.