Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare Denial
RE: Medicare Denial
Sleeprider

here is what sleepyhead says

PAP ModePAP Device Mode                   ASV (Variable EPAP)
Min EPAPLower Expiratory Pressure     8.00 cmH2O
Max EPAPHigher Expiratory Pressure  15.00 cmH2O
Min IPAPLower Inspiratory Pressure      8.00 cmH2O
Max IPAPHigher Inspiratory Pressure    25.00 cmH2O
PS MinPressure Support Minimum          0.00 cmH2O
PS MaxPressure Support Maximum       7.00 cmH2O
Flex LevelPRS1 pressure relief setting.  x2
Flex ModePRS1 pressure relief mode.  Bi-Flex

I don't know what to put in my profile?

I get some data but mostly garbled.

I also found this in SH it shows where the 260P error message came from the first time I used it.

The First line is my new machine, the 2nd is my old machine & the 3rd seems to be the new compliance software that isn't compatable with SH:
Machine Information
Brand                               Series                                 Model                                                                         Serial                       First Use     Last Use

Philips Respironics      System One (60 Series)   BiPAP autoSV Advanced 60 Series (960P)   P0944547406D6     9/24/2015       3/7/2017
Philips Respironics      DreamStation                      Auto CPAP (500X110)                                             J17102940E769      10/21/2016     3/2/2017
Philips Respironics      System One (60 Series)   RemStar Plus Compliance Only (260P)           P088859607F44      (No Dates Given)

Your Friend Kidnap
Post Reply Post Reply
For your profile, you might write
EPAP: 8-15, IPAP: 8-25, PS: 0-7

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Beej

I copied it and will paste info in my profile.

Thanks again
Your Friend Kidnap
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it is actually 25/8-15 over PS 0-7. That give IPAP max / EPAP min-max over PS range.

I think it would be more helpful to enter the clinical setup menu and transcribe settings from there. I think most will be the same. I'm curious if you have mode options, and I want to know if you BPM is set to a number or auto.

That aside, how's it going? Did you clear the prior patient history?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2017, 09:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think it is actually 25/8-15 over PS 0-7.  That give IPAP max / EPAP min-max over PS range.

I think it would be more helpful to enter the clinical setup menu and transcribe settings from there.  I think most will be the same.  I'm curious if you have mode options, and I want to know if you BPM is set to a number or auto.  

That aside, how's it going?  Did you clear the prior patient history?

Is there a standard way to write these that everyone will understand?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
That is standard only for the ASV. All bilevel will be IPAP/EPAP over PSmin-PSmax, or just one pressure support as applicable. The Resmed ASV in ASV auto mode is the only one that allows an EPAP range limit. On auto bilevel machines, it's understood that the settings are IPAPmax/EPAPmin over PS. With multi-mode machines, it doesn't hurt to show what mode is in use.

So when you see my profile is 18/9, PS 3 that means my starting pressure is 12/9 and can reach 18/15. I use the same prescription with the Philips BiPAP Auto 18/9, 3-5 because PS is a range.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider

I'll have to look closer at my settings .
Thanks Yet Again
Your Friend Kidnap
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think the Philips has the EPAP range, but has a minimum EPAP, and that can increase automatically, much like the BiPAP Auto. So you have EPAP min, IPAP max and PSmin PSmax. In theory it's the same idea, but the implementation doesn't come close to Resmed.

If you want, I can try to load up your data in Sleepyhead and see what we've got. Let me know and we can do it by email or you can buy me a beer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2017, 08:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't think the Philips has the EPAP range, but has a minimum EPAP, and that can increase automatically, much like the BiPAP Auto.  So you have EPAP min, IPAP max and PSmin PSmax.  In theory it's the same idea, but the implementation doesn't come close to Resmed.

If you want, I can try to load up your data in Sleepyhead and see what we've got.  Let me know and we can do it by email or you can buy me a beer.

Didn't the advanced model add EPAP min and EPAP max?  The new dreamstation asv has the EPAP range. As far as I could tell it was the same settings...
Post Reply Post Reply
SV Advanced has auto adjusting EPAP, but I don't think you can specify the top of the EPAP range...could be wrong since I don't have one of these. The real critical problem with the PR SV Advanced is it just doesn't respond to CA and hypopnea fast enough. It ends up producing a ton of hypopnea where CA would have been, and seems not to stop hypopnea. When you look at the Aircurve 10 AV, the pressure support is all over the events and you see zero residual events. It' not uncommon to see the Philips leave behind an AHI over 15. You can see it in the details, and it has to be integral to the technology in the software and hardware. It just can't go from zero to 60 in enough time to avoid a collision. Look at the data of a severe complex apnea patient side by side, and it's like looking at an Audi A8 vs an Oldsmobile station wagon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 153 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 203 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 251 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  Wiki conflict on Medicare/CPAP ownership cps22 14 669 12-17-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Medicare (US) and CPAPs KSMatthew 4 383 12-16-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 961 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.