Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

myAir leakage using new formula??
RE: myAir leakage using new formula??
Patcpap; you are waaaay too sophisticated to be using myAir as a guide. myAir also doesn't show you what might be causing a leak. If you know what causes a leak, you can reduce it. myAir tolerates much higher leaks than would be optimal for treatment. You can get a smiley even if you're leaking like heck.

Compliance only cares that you use the machine a certain number of hours, a certain number of days, in a given month. They will help you do better with leaks. However, they have to be somewhat flexible in this regard because it can take a while to arrive at a perfect mask.

Anyway, with SleepyHead, you'll get actual graphic data so you can figure out what you need to do to minimize leaks. This may even lead to a 100% on myAir!

I'm a newb. SleepyHead doesn't require experience.

--------

You don't need myAir to see usage and leak rate in real time. It's in the window right on your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have gotten to the bottom of the MyAir leak mystery. Resmed informed me that they have changed the tracking point for nightly leak from the 70th percentile up to the 95th percentile.  No explanation for this action. My sleep physician sent me a pdf of the detailed data she receives and that has been unchanged. It shows the mean, 70th %ile, 95 tt %ile, etc.  Although my Airsense A10 thankfully seems to use the old parameter and gives me a happy face every morning regarding leak, (< 24 L/min) the MyAir on line results show ridiculous figures like 30, 40 and 50 liter leaks.  I am extremely aware of any and all leaks, and there is very little leaking except for rare short intervals where I'll roll over and tug on the mask causing a brief leak that awakens me. After repositioning I'm usually airtight for the rest of the night.

Thank you for the advice about using Sleepyhead, etc, but my physician wants to use the wireless function of the CPAP machine for daily uploads and I was told this precludes having a chip inside.  No matter, I have almost a year of written documentation showing excellent leak control and ongoing daily affirmation from the limited machine LCD report.  I will just ignore MyAir as it has become useless and counterproductive, I am concerned that new patients will be frustrated and discouraged by RESMED raising the bar for leak feedback. Will new patients  try all different kinds of masks to decrease leaks that were formerly deemed OK?  If I put superglue all over my mask contact points it wouldn't lower the leak any more. I wonder what Respironics and other CPAP manufacturers use for leak cutoffs.

If other patient's are unhappy with RESMED I respectfully suggest they complain directly to them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm perfectly fine with the 95% as that is a more reasonable figure. Mine had been fine and then all of the sudden jumped up.

I got an email from myair warning me if the data change although they didn't say what it was.

They are also giving you a free bathroom break as well.

Having a chip in your machine will in no way changes what your doctor has access to.

You will gain detailed flow data and statistics. More than your doctor gets actually.
Post Reply Post Reply
Patcpap

Most of us are lay on this site. I will wager there might be some users who are also in the medical profession but rightly enough the forum does not require us to disclose.

Due to inability to upload data from the SD card to my MacboobkAir in the early days, I had to continue to use MyAir but soon found it to be too rosy hued. As HalfAsleep has noted, you can get data on your machine the same as that shown in MyAird by turning on Essentials to 'Plus'.

Sleepyhead gives way more detail and it is with that that most of us have learnt, through help from others experienced enough when we were newbies, to interpret the information to take control of and manage our therapy to successful rest and sleep.

Indeed Sleepyhead data seems mightily confusing to start with, and I am no expert by a long chalk, but I am now able to read and interpret some data but if not, there are a wealth of kind individuals on this forum who willingly give of their own time and knowledge to help others.

Give it a go, you'll be surprised when you get addicted to the data very soon.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2017, 12:27 AM)CORIOUS Wrote: My sleep physician sent me a pdf of the detailed data she receives and that has been unchanged. It shows the mean, 70th %ile, 95 tt %ile, etc.  

Interesting! So the machine is transmitting via cell phone radio more detailed information than we are able to see using the myAir app!

I wonder if there's any way for us mere mortals to access that information?

Quote:Although my Airsense A10 thankfully seems to use the old parameter and gives me a happy face every morning regarding leak, (< 24 L/min) the MyAir on line results show ridiculous figures like 30, 40 and 50 liter leaks.

Deeming them "ridiculous" is of course a value judgment you are free to make. But if your 95th percentile leak rate is 40 L/min that means that 95% of the time your leak rate is 40 or lower, meaning that some of that time you are above the accepted leak rate of 24. The other 5% of the time you are at or above 40!

To me that is alarming!

Quote:I am extremely aware of any and all leaks, and there is very little leaking except for rare short intervals where I'll roll over and tug on the mask causing a brief leak that awakens me. After repositioning I'm usually airtight for the rest of the night.

The data doesn't support that conclusion.

Quote:Thank you for the advice about using Sleepyhead, etc, but my physician wants to use the wireless function of the CPAP machine for daily uploads and I was told this precludes having a chip inside.

Who told you that?! It's not true whether you actually mean "chip" or SD card.

If you were to look at your leak rate graph it will reveal lots of time spent with elevated leak rates. I would try a chin strap or soft cervical collar or both. If that doesn't work, a full face mask. It will likely make a huge improvement in the way you feel during the day.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 2 Resmed S10 machines - I use one for travel. The older machine is 5 years old. The newer, just purchased. The new Resmed machine is terrible. Wish I did not buy it. The old one shows sleep numbers like AHI and leak right on the sleep report page. The new one, no data unless you go into the clinician setup menu. At least with the old machine, I could tell by looking over at the machine when I got up at night, if the mask was slipping off bu seeing a large leak number. This is now a BFD.

Also, the leakage numbers for the SAME hose and mask are dramatically different. The old one show 6L/min and the new one 17L/Min so something is off with the new machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2017, 10:29 AM)sleepyCoder Wrote: The new one, no data unless you go into the clinician setup menu.

In the Clinician's Menu under Options choose Essentials. Change the setting from On to Plus.

Quote:The old one show 6L/min and the new one 17L/Min so something is off with the new machines.

Where are you seeing those numbers? One could be the median leak rate and the other the 95% leak rate.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
From MyAir in my email, FYI

Quote:What’s New
We’re excited to let you know about a few new features and updates to myAir™! Read on to learn about Touch ID, access to more data and your new myAir score.
Touch ID
Logging in to your myAir account is now easier than ever! Update to the latest version of the myAir™ for Air10™ by ResMed app (iOS only) and enable Touch ID, a fingerprint identity sensor, for quick access. If you aren’t using the app, visit the Apple App Store today!
Last 30 days
We now display the last 30 days of data. This gives you the ability to see how your therapy is tracking over the last month so you can monitor your progress more effectively.
myAir Score
We’ve changed the way your mask seal scores are calculated to align with how your healthcare provider assesses your mask leak. Most users will only experience small differences in their nightly scores (+/- 3 points), however you may notice a larger increase or decrease if you’re having issues with your mask fit and seal.
Additionally, we’ve changed how mask on/off events impact your score. You can now have up to two events before your score is impacted, so no more losing points if you need to get up to use the restroom!
Cleaning and Inspection Reminders
Regularly cleaning and inspecting your therapy equipment is an important part of getting the most out of your therapy. You can now enable monthly reminders to help you know when and how you should be cleaning and inspecting your therapy equipment. Log in to your account at myAir.ResMed.com, then visit My Account >My Notifications to turn these on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2017, 12:27 AM)CORIOUS Wrote: Thank you for the advice about using Sleepyhead, etc, but my physician wants to use the wireless function of the CPAP machine for daily uploads and I was told this precludes having a chip inside.

The physician gets the info off of your machine using the internal modem of the machine that connects to ResMed.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the SD card.  The SD card is for you now because the physician get your data using the modem connection.  In the old days you would have to bring your SD card with you to to the doctor so he could access your data.  Obviously, with the modem, no need to do that.  So now that you are aware that the SD card is for you I urge you to make use of the data on it.  It is much more detailed than MyAir - substantially so.  You can take the SD card out of the machine every morning and using an SD card reader on your PC download the data to ResScan (ResMed's software - available on the forum here) and/or Sleepyhead (also available on the forum here.  See links at top of page.)  Some of us actually use wifi enabled SD cards and using home wifi networks transmit our data from the card to our PCs wirelessly so we don't have to remove and reinsert our SD cards out of and then back into our machines every day.

Assuming you are now willing to do this knowing there is no conflict post some of your Sleepyhead charts here and we can help you get those leaks under control.

Welcome to the forum.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 258 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Formula - CPAP Analysis Help Formula 8 754 11-24-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Formula
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Why do I need to get my flow limitation and leakage down? Kathy14225 12 1,428 09-30-2023, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask 'Pulsing/Jumping' - Plus leakage issues Jake B 4 3,202 09-21-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: HULK
  Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage jerrydaw 28 7,564 09-20-2023, 06:03 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.