Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare and 2nd machine
RE: Medicare and 2nd machine
(05-24-2015, 04:10 PM)multime Wrote: When I said infection concerns I was referring to things like sinus infections, colds, bacteria etc. No matter how well you clean your hoses you can still get bacteria to build up in the middle of the hose between the ridges. This accumulates over a period of time.

Also keep in mind that the medical community and insurance companies base their policies on what the masses will do. So for example the masses will 'not' clean their tubes as thoroughly as say an ocd germaphobe.

So the risk of infection might be low if cleaned fully but insurance knows this won't occur so they endorse replacement.

People know that if they go out to party they will get drunk but how many times do they take actions to prevent them from driving drunk. People don't even stop this when death and/or jail is on the line. Our hardware risk is mostly just minor infections not death or jail as a deterrent.

This is just my two cents worth. Oh and for simple and obvious topics I won't be providing citations. I'm not taking college composition on an internet forum. This is more of a civil court setting where we base our statements on whether the evidence is more likely than not to be accurate. This isn't beyond all doubt where citations are needed.

If you 'want' citations I'd suggest you get them yourself. You won't get many people willing to help you if they feel their reply will demand a citation. This is why I won't be answering your posts from this point on. I've spent far too much time on this as it is. I don't intend to waste more time.

Sorry for being blunt and harsh. Edit..please don't waste your time forming any reply towards me Krevlin as I've placed you on my ignore list for the time being. This is to prevent any back and forth feud that always seems to follow me.

is there a reason that you wanted to share your feelings about Krevlin with the whole forum and not in a PM? Really, what they asked wasn't serious enough to cause all of this drama. You could have just ignored the request and we all would have been better off for it. YMMV.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 148 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 250 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  Wiki conflict on Medicare/CPAP ownership cps22 14 666 12-17-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Medicare (US) and CPAPs KSMatthew 4 382 12-16-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 959 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.