Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

RE: Medicare and B12
Me50, I don't disagree with you. I completely agree that there should be more money in preventative care. You just wanted to know why Medicare/insurance doesn't pay for that stuff and I was just explaining.

I think Medicare is trying though - they didn't used to pay for annual physicals until maybe 10 years ago. The ANNUAL general diabetes classes are also kindof new (2008, I think). Before that, you had a one time visit with a nurse to teach you how to use your meter and reading material. You only saw a dietician if your blood sugar continued to be really high. Longer visits were restricted to those on insulin. You can see how necessary these classes are too - every time I attend, I'm amazed how several new people are dumbfounded to find out that their constant drinking of soda pop likely led them to diabetes. Yet, I'm finding out that I'm just lucky that they have better quality classes here - they don't in other places, including the VA. My BIL is attending my next class with me as a guest for this reason (the VA class wasn't very helpful I guess).

BTW, internet stuff - places like WebMD, Mayo, John Hopkins are all places doctors are HAPPY that you are reading from because they are monitored by actual doctors. Places like these are trying to fill in the gaps for prevention that aren't available, so do check them out.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 02:55 PM by Mosquitobait.)
07-07-2015 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(05-21-2015 04:59 PM)justMongo Wrote:  I take a sublingual B12.

Yeah, I know what it's like to choose what meds to buy.
I had to compromise on my Beta Blocker as Metoprolol Succinate is as expensive as the brand name. So, I take Metoprolol Tartrate which is the immediate release version. I also reuse insulin needles because I will not pay $0.25 each for a $0.05 syringe.

I have been supplementing with D3 since 2012; and I'm still deficient on the 25-OH vit-D blood test.

That is terrible about the metoprolol. I had to take it for a medical test and my 30 day supply was free.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 08:00 PM by me50.)
07-07-2015 07:44 PM
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

ME50, I sent that message to you by accident. It was meant to go to JustMongo. However, since you both have decided to disable PMs, suit yourself. Not allowed to post commercial sites except in PM, so you've limited your own options.
07-09-2015 09:50 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information [News] Medicare unveils far-reaching overhaul of doctors' pay ApneaNews 0 124 10-14-2016 05:27 PM
Last Post: ApneaNews
  Diabetes Testing under US Medicare justMongo 21 882 07-18-2016 05:33 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  US Medicare Medigap Question justMongo 5 529 11-14-2015 02:49 PM
Last Post: eplantz
  How do you sue Medicare -- I mean take 'em to the woodshed. justMongo 9 1,723 02-04-2015 11:55 AM
Last Post: archangle
  Medicare Part D is nearly worthless. justMongo 8 1,649 01-19-2015 02:52 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Medicare Health Plans JimZZZ 39 5,207 10-23-2014 07:51 PM
Last Post: justMongo