Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare and Sleep Apnea
RE: Medicare and Sleep Apnea
Big Guy, and your retired military eligible for Tricare4Life? My husband is so we have basic Medicare and Tricare is our secondary. It pics up the 20% Medicare doesn't pay. We don't pay a cent. My CPAP supplies are under Medicare, my husband's under VA which is completely free.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2020, 06:11 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: Big Guy, and your retired military eligible for Tricare4Life?  My husband is  so we have basic Medicare and Tricare is our secondary.  It pics up the 20% Medicare doesn't pay.  We don't pay a cent.  My CPAP supplies are under Medicare, my husband's under VA which is completely free.

I don't know much about it, as I didn't have any service-connected injuries or disabilities.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2020, 05:36 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I take it, that The Advantage Plan is an option offered by Medicare? 

I just have the basic Medicare, and I think that's just part's A & B. My BC/BS picks up whatever Medicare doesn't, 100%.

Advantage plans are not offered by Medicare. They are offered by private insurance companies that contract with medicare. If you're medicare copays are covered by other coverage you would probably be worse off with an advantage plan. Here's a link if your interested in learning more.
https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-change-...tage-plans
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Big Guy, I defer to Melman's answer with the link. I answered as I did because my jumbled mess from the Gov. made a jumbled mess with my 3 remaining brain cells. Yes Advantage equals private.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2020, 06:44 PM)Melman Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 05:36 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I take it, that The Advantage Plan is an option offered by Medicare? 

I just have the basic Medicare, and I think that's just part's A & B. My BC/BS picks up whatever Medicare doesn't, 100%.

Advantage plans are not offered by Medicare. They are offered by private insurance companies that contract with medicare. If you're medicare copays are covered by other coverage you would probably be worse off with an advantage plan. Here's a link if your interested in learning more.
https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-change-...tage-plans

Thanks for the clarification. My co-pays are covered by my BC/BS plan.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 227 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 612 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 288 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 125 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 552 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.