Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare and replacement schedule
RE: Medicare and replacement schedule
OpalRose or someone...
Can you give me an updated link to the newest CMS MEDICARE 2018 DME Schedule?
The United States Medicare CPAP Supplies Replacement Schedule in this thread is outdated I'm told?
 So, I'm getting a run a round from my supplier about hose replacements and ??
I'm currently getting 1 Phillips wisp nasal cushion and 2 filters per month.
I was told originally I would get new (heated) hoses every 3 months but they say now every 6 months, same as headgear and frame and chin strap and humidifier chamber every 6 months.

I had a new 2018 link to it but cant find it now.

thanks
RON
Post Reply Post Reply
This is from our Wiki.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...t_Schedule

As far as a 2018 updated schedule, I haven’t been able to find one.  Good luck if you are fortunate to get a straight answer from any DME or insurance co.

Most insurance companies follow Medicare guidelines.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be proven incorrect, but I don't think the schedule changed this year. Still looking to be sure, but coming up with only dead ends so far. Eat-popcorn
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ive been looking too,  no luck so far
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies... I think I saw one from CMS but can't find it. Its hard to figure out when something says 3-6 months... Is it 3 months or 6 months??? LOL
I saw heated CPAP tubing listed at 3 months also and regular at the same 3 months.
I was told last month that I would get heated tubing @ next months sending which would be the 4th month. Now a new person says 6 month for all cpap tubing. Guess I'll have to see the Boss man there... If anyone sees the 2018 link please let me know!
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
I have United Health Care Medicare Advantage and can get two pillows for my P10 mask each month. I used to use the same pillow for several months but recently concluded my reading are better if I change them monthly.
Originally I got a new mask ever three months and that included the straps. Now, however the mask and straps are listed separately so I have to make sure to get both. The P10 straps don't adjust and can get a little loose after three months.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
According to my DME, the schedule is the same. It may be how your DME is interpreting it. A lot depends on whether they recently had an audit and didn't meet the supply numbers with paperwork. BUT, Advantage policies do operate a bit differently from original Medicare on a bunch of things.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,064 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,827 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 154 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 204 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,902 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.