Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare changed coverage for ResMed masks
RE: Medicare changed coverage for ResMed masks
TBH, the resmed should go 6 months, mine has done more than 6 months. It's surprising how long they last if you self fund. I'd like someone to post out their old resmed M- f20..I'll pay Smile
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medicare changed coverage for ResMed masks
(12-31-2017, 03:44 PM)SeanD Wrote: My supplier, Choice Medical, told me that when Medicare cut the reimbursement rate for masks by a large %, all the manufacturers EXCEPT Resmed cut their price; Resmed refused, thus making the Resmed masks a loss item under the medicare contracts. I have explored this with Choice and with Stanford Sleep Clinic and the story is consistent. When you look at prices on line now for direct purchase, all the current Resmed masks are significantly more  expensive than the other brands.

My DME vendor, Verus, successor to Apria after they lost the competitive Medicare contract for my region, told me that they would be discontinuing my mask of choice, The Mirage Activa LT, and I should list a number one and number two preference which they will honor my first choice as long as their stock lasts. I have not heard anything about ResMed discontinuing that particular mask.

Thanks for the heads-up on ResMed and their pricing.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 323 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 151 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 202 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 251 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.