Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: mirage swift II
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: Medicare changes--can't get mask--Youre next
me 50. You present simple solutions to a complex problem. Medicare is my network supplier. My supplemental insurance is from the job I retired from and will not pay for anything if Medicare does not approve it first. If I go to a medicare advantage plan I lose the supplemental insurance which for most things is much better than any currently offered medicare advantage plan and is also free at this point. If my mask is approved by medicare it is paid for 100% by the two plans.
Medicare would approve my mask but my DME is refusing to supply it. At this point I have gone on line and ordered a mask. I am going to try to change to another Medicare approved DME but they require that my current one send the information. My supplemental insurance is the one who informed me that many suppliers once they have been approved and have a monopoly in an area for medicare reduce the number and type of supplies to maximize profits.
02-19-2014 02:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

Don't forget to give your Congress critters hell every time you get screwed by Medicare. Nothing will change unless you do.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
02-19-2014 03:09 AM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(02-19-2014 02:05 AM)andora3 Wrote:  me 50. You present simple solutions to a complex problem. Medicare is my network supplier. My supplemental insurance is from the job I retired from and will not pay for anything if Medicare does not approve it first. If I go to a medicare advantage plan I lose the supplemental insurance which for most things is much better than any currently offered medicare advantage plan and is also free at this point. If my mask is approved by medicare it is paid for 100% by the two plans.
Medicare would approve my mask but my DME is refusing to supply it. At this point I have gone on line and ordered a mask. I am going to try to change to another Medicare approved DME but they require that my current one send the information. My supplemental insurance is the one who informed me that many suppliers once they have been approved and have a monopoly in an area for medicare reduce the number and type of supplies to maximize profits.

I don't know why you would lose a supplemental plan if you get off of straight medicare and go to an advantage plan but that can't be done this year so not going to explore that one right now.

There is the option of ordering in network from the mail order accepted suppliers so you don't have to pay out of pocket.

As always, we post our thoughts and what the OP does with it is definitely up to them. I hope you find a solution that will help you long term.
02-20-2014 07:37 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Lukie Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Resmed S9 Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F 10
Humidifier: H I heated tubing resmed
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Masks: Simplus, Air, Quattro fx, Nano, Eson, Swift fx and Activ

Sex: Female

No problems here in Vermont. Got my heated hose and a new Simplus full face mask which seems to leak almost as much as the Quattro Air.
02-21-2014 06:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Medicare Advantage Coverage for APAP Evie 4 246 12-05-2016 09:49 PM
Last Post: Evie
  Medicare Denial Kidnap 48 4,262 10-29-2016 01:46 PM
Last Post: Kidnap
  Changing Medicare Supplier when Moving jrh0 4 352 09-03-2016 01:53 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Money Medicare changed coverage for ResMed masks Wildfire 8 891 09-02-2016 01:36 PM
Last Post: pavel
  Medicare covered Codes - interesting docs and links for US icyura10 0 248 08-10-2016 12:48 AM
Last Post: icyura10
  When Medicare doesn't pay Sn00zeAlarm 11 677 07-22-2016 06:15 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  Apria/Medicare problem swwalden1 3 522 05-31-2016 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1