Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare changes--can't get mask--Youre next
me 50. You present simple solutions to a complex problem. Medicare is my network supplier. My supplemental insurance is from the job I retired from and will not pay for anything if Medicare does not approve it first. If I go to a medicare advantage plan I lose the supplemental insurance which for most things is much better than any currently offered medicare advantage plan and is also free at this point. If my mask is approved by medicare it is paid for 100% by the two plans.
Medicare would approve my mask but my DME is refusing to supply it. At this point I have gone on line and ordered a mask. I am going to try to change to another Medicare approved DME but they require that my current one send the information. My supplemental insurance is the one who informed me that many suppliers once they have been approved and have a monopoly in an area for medicare reduce the number and type of supplies to maximize profits.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't forget to give your Congress critters hell every time you get screwed by Medicare. Nothing will change unless you do.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 02:05 AM)andora3 Wrote: me 50. You present simple solutions to a complex problem. Medicare is my network supplier. My supplemental insurance is from the job I retired from and will not pay for anything if Medicare does not approve it first. If I go to a medicare advantage plan I lose the supplemental insurance which for most things is much better than any currently offered medicare advantage plan and is also free at this point. If my mask is approved by medicare it is paid for 100% by the two plans.
Medicare would approve my mask but my DME is refusing to supply it. At this point I have gone on line and ordered a mask. I am going to try to change to another Medicare approved DME but they require that my current one send the information. My supplemental insurance is the one who informed me that many suppliers once they have been approved and have a monopoly in an area for medicare reduce the number and type of supplies to maximize profits.

I don't know why you would lose a supplemental plan if you get off of straight medicare and go to an advantage plan but that can't be done this year so not going to explore that one right now.

There is the option of ordering in network from the mail order accepted suppliers so you don't have to pay out of pocket.

As always, we post our thoughts and what the OP does with it is definitely up to them. I hope you find a solution that will help you long term.
Post Reply Post Reply

No problems here in Vermont. Got my heated hose and a new Simplus full face mask which seems to leak almost as much as the Quattro Air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare in the U.S. Question about masks CZOscar 6 271 10-24-2017, 08:56 PM
Last Post: CZOscar
  Does Medicare require a 'sleep doctor'? GrammaBear 10 463 10-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare rules for oxygen HalfAsleep 6 264 09-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: E.W.
  Getting new machine Tuesday - Medicare mirkee 8 397 09-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Last Post: mirkee
  Provider Medicare Billing Ripoff Walla Walla 9 614 07-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  What is approved Medicare FFM list? Lanco 7 382 07-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Medicare and replacement schedule Lanco 9 626 07-02-2017, 02:23 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea