Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Essential oil adapter
Essential oil adapter
Saw a video from nick about an essential oil diffuser/adapter that is basically a small sleeve with a slot for holding a small pad that you can put a couple of drops of essential oil onto.  This then sits between the tube and the mask, and since the pad is held vertically against the airflow, there is no resistance.

This thing costs about 30USD.

Any reason I can't just insert a small filter pad cut to size, vertically, through the entrance to my elbow connecter to the mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Essential oil adapter
I would think that inserting anything in the airflow like that would change the therapy somehow. I'd not recommend it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The full face mask elbow often contains an anti-asphyxiation valve that cold be impaired by inserting debris in that location. You are welcome to experiment with whatever you are comfortable with, but the safest location for a pad with essential oil has always been not to use it at all , but if you must, near the air intake.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like this?

I would think this would be much less restrictive than any AB filter...

Sorry, forgot how to add attachments... was re-figuring it all out, otherwise I would have posted in the original post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people put a couple of drops of essential oil on a cotton pad and place it near the air filter. This way it doesn’t interfere with air flow in the hose. Never tried it myself…at least not yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think my choice, if I had to use it, would be that cotton ball dampened and placed at the air intake. It's not actually in the air stream to impede flow.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has this 'therapy' been endorsed by doctors? Intuitively, I don't like the idea, because I reckon you're going to be inhaling a lot more oil than you would via a diffuser in the room - the normal way to utilise essential oils. With the latter, I'm guessing there might be traces of oil in each breath because, if you can smell it, you're breathing it in. But the oil is dispersed in a whole room full of air, whereas adding it in some way to the CPAP machine, you could end up inhaling a LOT more oil, for eight hours straight (or until the oil has completely evaporated).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 624 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,003 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
  12 volt battery adapter for Philips Respironics CPAP DreamStation Tech6 9 955 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Apneaway
  Q-lite Muffler to AirMini Mask Adapter Availability?? mcman56 0 832 07-14-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  OT SD Card adapter? sauerkraut 6 554 04-05-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: DaveCar
  Resmed air mini adapter rayks 2 983 03-12-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  [Equipment] 914 Gadgets Airsense 11/AirMini usb-c adapter non-functional RadRayven 2 1,193 11-21-2022, 01:44 PM
Last Post: MoarSleepPlz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.