Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare rejected my replacement Cpap after 4.5 years
Medicare rejected my replacement Cpap after 4.5 years
Hi 

I have a 4.5 year old recalled dreamstation and was lucky to find an approved dme with a Resmed s10 in stock.  It may take a year or more for Philips for it to be fixed or replaced.
Medicare has rejected my claim .   Does anyone have suggestions what to say in the appeal.  
I am willing to pay the pro-rata portion for the remaining 6 months if necessary.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medicare rejected my replacement Cpap after 4.5 years
What was the reason to deny the claim? I think I would resubmit it again with a Dr. note.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends on their policy and how flexible an adjuster or his/her supervisor can be.  I agree with the previous poster, if the Dr. says in writing to start using another machine due to recall, and you have a current script, you should do what the Dr. says to do.  It's for your health.  I would see what appeal you have, but you can always submit the claim again in six months when your 5 years are up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Under 5 years your DME is obligated to provide a loaner CPAP if the one you have is not usable. It is my understanding they will not foot the cost to replace if the device is less than 5 years old. Not sure how the repair/replacement by Philips is going to work, but I would get a loaner from the DME and when the 5 years comes up have your doc write a prescript for your CPAP of choice. Below is a screenshot of the email I received from Medicare (relevant info highlighted) .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,073 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,827 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 155 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 180 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 205 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.