Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare rule? must see doc every 6mo for DME
Smile 
Oh-jeezI have never heard of that and I've been on medicare for 24 years and a cpap user for 5 years. It sounds to me that the DME and sleep Dr are in cohoots with one another so they have a monopoly on medicare and other payors. Good luck to you I really mean that and many primary care Drs now will write prescriptions for cpap supplies. I would ask yours to. You may want to check out other DME suppliers and possibly another sleep doc. Just ask medicare for a list of approved vendors.Sleep-well Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the issue is that the DME is telling the OP that he has to actually see a doctor every 6 months for a new script. You are probably correct in thinking the DME thinks the OP will go to the sleep doctor for an office visit based on the info that the DME is saying has to happen.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Medicare Cover Heated Hoses Melman 6 163 Yesterday, 02:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Compliance for Medicare supplies jrh0 6 149 03-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Australian Medicare support for CPAP ? BHappy 11 255 03-16-2017, 03:07 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Medicare Denial Kidnap 91 7,159 03-15-2017, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Kidnap
Question How do new medicare rules impact sleeplabs justMongo 3 205 02-21-2017, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare Advantage Coverage for APAP Evie 4 426 12-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Evie
  General rule for tweaking pressure - first post MartinT 7 687 11-15-2016, 11:59 PM
Last Post: MartinT