Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What do you take to overcome being "SICK"?
This poll is closed.
Prescription medications
25.00%
2 25.00%
Over-the-counter medications
50.00%
4 50.00%
Herbal supplements
12.50%
1 12.50%
Chicken soup
12.50%
1 12.50%
Nothing
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Meds vs Supplements
In order to maintain my position on this board, I'm required to periodically post new polls/surveys.  And if you believe that, SS has a bridge in his hometown for sale.  Eat-popcorn

In any event, I'm currently under-the-weather, and have been getting all kinds of "helpful" advice on what to do and take.  My family doc suggested time and strictly adhering to my medications for asthma and seasonal allergies.  My chiropractor pushed some supplements on me. [Sidebar:  I grew up during the time "chiropractor" was the equivalent of "quackery",  thus I was skeptical of this so-called medical profession.  However, with our daughter being the office manager at a local chiropractic office, I came to realise there was some benefit to being periodically adjusted and therapeutically massaged.] ....
Post Reply Post Reply
You left off xPAP - Sleep, that knits up the ravelled sleeve of care...

That's usually all I ever get around to using.
Post Reply Post Reply
When the asthma flares, I may or may not be 'sick' with an infectious agent. Because of the asthma, if the regular prednisone doesn't cut it, and there is evidence of typical cold symptoms, I'll use over dextromethorphan to quell some of the coughing, and if general aches and pains, i'll use acetaminophen.
If classic infection signs happen or the flare goes on without resolving, I'll see a doc. I have discovered I can have a bacterial infection without fever, congestion, or purulent discharge.

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply