Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Melatonin + CPAP = Success
Melatonin + CPAP = Success
I very rarely take melatonin but took it Friday night. Woke up to feeling incredibly refreshed, having dreams that I could recall and being alert immediately.

Turns out, my CPAP data agrees and this is nearly the lowest I've achieved so far. After my first post I experimented with EPR as suggested but came back to no EPR until now. Might try an EPR of 1 tonight to see if I can get AHI even lower. Pretty incredible to sleep almost 8hrs and have an AHI below 2! The best part is I repeated these results the next two days as well. Turns out there's been a study on this and I've e-mailed the doctor asking to see the results of their clinical trial.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02484300

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Melatonin + CPAP = Success
Congratulations! That's great news. Keep up the good work.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting this, gainerfull. I have taken a 5mg timed-release Melatonin each night for years. I had a sleep problem--going to sleep and staying asleep--when I started CPAP in September 2015. I hardly slept for weeks after CPAP, and my doctor suggested it. It works very well for me. As we age, melatonin drops--I am now 81 and depend on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Melatonin cleans me up after every five days or so of between 5-6 hours of sleep nightly.  I try not to use it often so that it retains its potency on my system.

Incidentally, it's supposed to be the single most powerful antioxidant we can ingest.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks mesenteria
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,600 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,826 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Melatonin: Yea, Nay, or other Rcgop 20 1,061 02-27-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 546 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 900 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Melatonin kubakat 3 445 10-12-2023, 12:57 PM
Last Post: kubakat
  Another Collar Success Story MickTravis 12 1,842 04-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.