Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mellen Bipap Help
Mellen Bipap Help
Hello everyone,

I've been having sleep issues for many years now and finally decided it was bad enough that I should try to get it taken care of! I had to leave my last job soon after I had my at home sleep study so I decided to purchase a used Aircurve 10 Vauto instead of waiting a couple more weeks to go through this whole process of acquiring a cpap through my next employer's insurance. Any help you all can give me would be very much appreciated!

I had to take individual screenshots of my Watchpat sleep study because the fax they sent me was of terrible quality. It appears with an RDI of 11.5 I might possibly have UARS? I also have the symptoms to go along with it such as daytime tiredness, fatigue, brain fog. If the sleep stage data is correct I don't appear to be going into REM sleep like I should? That's why I decided to purchase a used bipap as that seems to be what's suggested on here for treating UARS.

I had my first night of using the AirCurve last night. I'll attach the OSCAR data in a comment post below this. I just used generic suggested starting settings that I found on here. They were as follows:

Mode: VAuto
Min EPAP: 4
Max IPAP: 15
PS: 4
Tmin: 0.3s
Tmax: 3s (I take long breaths so I extended this. Was that a mistake? I think I have fairly narrow airways)
Trigger: Medium
Cycle: Medium

I was using a Nasal mask. The first like 2 hours of data I didn't really fall asleep, I was just drifting in and out of light sleep, probably because I wasn't used to the mask. Then there's the flow gap in the middle where I took it off for a little bit and put it back on. The rest of time from like 4am-7am is where I actually fell asleep with the mask on. I believe I may have woken up a couple times intermittently though.

Attached is the OSCAR data. I believe I did this right. Why does my flow rate and Tidal volume drop so much towards the end?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Mellen Bipap Help
Welcome to the forum.
Your numbers look good so no change in settings.
I would like to see what happened when your breathing went shallow (comparatively).  You are right that this MIGHT be UARS, only MIGHT.

So I would like to see the transitions, where your flow rate shrank considerably. at
5:10
5:52
6:30 and
6:40 
That is a 2-3 minute view, I want to clearly see the breath wave form.  Only the first graph please. This way ewe can see what happened
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mellen Bipap Help
Hi Bonjour,

Thank you so much for your response! I have attached waveforms from several points. I don't know if I see the transition you mentioned at 630 and 640, but I included them anyways. It seems that my breathing before those events, around 4:40 are regular and what I think is correct, and then shortly before those transitions the waveform stretches out around the 0 flow rate mark.

It seems that it has possibly improved my symptoms? I'm as tired as I normally am, however I got significantly less sleep than normal and still feel about average.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP VS BIPAP ISSUES Politronics 1 110 10-13-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  What is a Dreamstation BIPAP AVAPS?? Who needs one? racprops 10 182 10-10-2020, 02:17 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Looking to get a biPAP. Is titration necessary? AlgebraicMisery 13 211 10-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Johnnyde94
  Chest Tightness when I don’t use Bipap Drexette 1 139 09-06-2020, 08:21 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  BiPAP postop recovery deserttech25 3 4,359 09-06-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do I need bipap? never had sleep study done steveairway 15 472 08-27-2020, 12:31 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Unreliable BiPap machine Rich66 13 307 08-15-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.