Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Memory Loss
RE: Memory Loss
The use of CPAP which helps recover memory loss by countering oxygen deprivation due to OSA makes sense. I'm surprized to learn that cholesterol medication can be the cause of memory loss. This is something I'm going to monitor closely, even though fenofibrate is not a statin, but it does reduce cholesterol and triglycerides. So it may not be statin but the reduction of needed cholesterol that's the root cause.

Or maybe it's due to all the late nights of reading Apnea Board posts - which are so informative and captivating - that's causing the lack of sleep and memory loss Too-funny

I'm been planning to get a heart screening done for some time now, so will do that and see what the results are. Will then take it from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kwhenrykerr, thanks for the heads up on the salt intake re tinnitus. It's something to watch as well since I have the bad habit of adding additional salt/ soy sauce dips to my food of late.

Btw, I noticed in your profile that you have both Dreamstation and Airsense 10 autos, and the amara view. Do you own/used both, and what's your preference? I've been looking at the Amara view too, but I understand it needs to be a correct size fit or the nose part will leak. I can't get to try or rent masks here, so the only way is to buy a set and that's a very expensive way to find the right mask.

Post Reply Post Reply

I use both the Dreamstation and Airsense. I like both for the way they work. I have been known to loan out both, but not at the same time. I also use several mask. The Amara view is my best, but I still keep looking for better.

The mask fit is the most time and effort spent to improve my sleep.

I can only say that it is worth all the effort. It may take a long time to work out your best setup and cost more than you want to spend but do not give up. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 149 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Weight Loss and Side Sleeping Therapy - AHI < 0.5 AquaMan 3 693 09-17-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Major weight loss, still need CPAP? bperella 3 557 09-01-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  Weight loss Nsmon1313 3 597 06-15-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  PAP and Cognition (brain fog, memory, focus, etc) - Share your experience! cyrial 0 511 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: cyrial
  APAP Weirdness After Weight Loss Apnea23 3 578 03-11-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.