Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Memory card error
Memory card error
Memory card problems- I have a generic SD memory card and the apap will not write to or read the card. Any idea the memory card should be formatted as? Fat16 / Fat32 From everything I read a generic memory card should work fine. The error I keep receiving when I nsert the memory card into the apap is that the card is corrupt. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Memory card error
Fat 32.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2017, 06:50 AM)pupcamper Wrote: Fat 32.

Formatted fat32 same error as before apap tries to read it and says it is corrupt reformat? I say yes and it still comes back and says it is corrupt reinsert...

I have reinserted tried again rebooted the machine with the sequence also 

Any ideas to try next?
Post Reply Post Reply
... the problem could be with the blocksize .... according to the manual I found for the machine in your profile your machine should be able to format the card itself.

maybe the card is just broken? ... try another one^^ (use an old card from a smartphone with the SD-adapter .. should work fine)
Post Reply Post Reply
I sounds if either the card or card reader is going bad. Do you have access to an extra card and a different reader in order to test this?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Card works fine in a computer ordered another card to troubleshoot.

Thanks for the replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try formatting it to a FAT16? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it used a FAT16. At this point it couldn't hurt to try.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2017, 08:48 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Did you try formatting it to a FAT16?  I seem to remember reading somewhere that it used a FAT16.  At this point it couldn't hurt to try.

I think Crimson neck is onto something here. I based my response on an internet search. Out of curiosity, I checked my DreamStation sd card. It is formatted fat 16.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2017, 02:36 PM)pupcamper Wrote: I think Crimson neck is onto something here. I based my response on an internet search. Out of curiosity, I checked my DreamStation sd card. It is formatted fat 16.

could you please check the clustersize of that working card?

open up a command prompt "cmd.exe" and there type (or paste):
fsutil fsinfo sectorinfo x:

x is the drive-letter of your SD-card.

Than Apnea_GM should use that value during the format instead of the "standard size".
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2017, 05:23 AM)TBMx Wrote: could you please check the clustersize of that working card?

open up a command prompt "cmd.exe" and there type (or paste):
fsutil fsinfo sectorinfo x:

x is the drive-letter of your SD-card.

Than Apnea_GM should use that value during the format instead of the "standard size".

Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 110 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,238 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 645 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 555 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 903 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR error reading AirSense 10 Data mjholdeman 6 1,828 12-01-2022, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Mspeker
Question New Version, Access Denied Error 5 wesozzzz 1 665 08-23-2022, 07:21 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.