Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Memory card error
RE: Memory card error
sectorinfo is new to Windows 10.  I used wmic DISKDRIVE get bytespersector, caption on my Win 7 Pro.   All drives report 512 even though the default size for a FAT structure is 4K.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
as I thought ... formating with a greater clustersize will make the card unreadable for the device^^

all in all: Fat 16 - 512 Byte (or is it Bit?) ... just select the 512 from the drop-down menu in windows for the cluster size
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2017, 11:42 AM)pupcamper Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 05:23 AM)TBMx Wrote: could you please check the clustersize of that working card?

open up a command prompt "cmd.exe" and there type (or paste):
fsutil fsinfo sectorinfo x:

x is the drive-letter of your SD-card.

Than Apnea_GM should use that value during the format instead of the "standard size".

hey TBMx,

this is what my card shows:
https://www.screencast.com/t/lrVLyJMfi

does this info tell you anything other than there is no info
on my card?

I purchased a new card tonight and it doesn't do anything either when I insert it
into the card slot of my Dreamstation unit.

any other ideas are appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
reformat it with filesystem = FAT 16 and sectorsize = 512 Bytes. (richt click in the windows explorer on the drive-letter and choose format)

And please give the sd-card a very simple name .. don' leave it completely blank - but just one word - no special chars.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2017, 12:53 AM)TBMx Wrote: reformat it with filesystem = FAT 16 and sectorsize = 512 Bytes. (richt click in the windows explorer on the drive-letter and choose format)

And please give the sd-card a very simple name .. don' leave it completely blank - but just one word - no special chars.

TBMx, I followed the instructions you posted as can be seen here:
https://www.screencast.com/t/RrdQljcIkGdi

Inserting the card in my machine still does nothing to initiate the data
transfer from the cpap unit to the card.  Dont-know

I'm starting to feel it could be the machine?
Thanks for your attempts to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
in the dropdown menu where the 2nd arrow points to: "allocation unit size" select 512 there

default for FAT is much larger than the 512 bytes - and just to be over careful - put in a "volume label" ... take "SDCARD" (all lower or upper letters ... just 1 word - no spaces - nothing fancy)

put the SD-card in while the device has power but is not running / blowing out air. - wait some time ... put your mask on and turn it on for at least 10 minutes ... that should result in some data written to the card. (wait a while after turning the device off (just turn it off .. do NOT unplug the power!) before getting the card out of the device ... might take some time before the machine starts / finishes writing to the card)

if that doesn't help either I'm out of options too ...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2017, 06:59 AM)TBMx Wrote: in the dropdown menu where the 2nd arrow points to: "allocation unit size" select 512 there

default for FAT is much larger than the 512 bytes - and just to be over careful - put in a "volume label" ... take "SDCARD" (all lower or upper letters ... just 1 word - no spaces - nothing fancy)

put the SD-card in while the device has power but is not running / blowing out air. - wait some time ... put your mask on and turn it on  for at least 10 minutes ... that should result in some data written to the card. (wait a while after turning the device off (just turn it off .. do NOT unplug the power!) before getting the card out of the device ... might take some time before the machine starts / finishes writing to the card)

if that doesn't help either I'm out of options too ...

these are my options for formatting:
https://www.screencast.com/t/JKEdC3nhbX28
Post Reply Post Reply
open up a command prompt with admin rights. (press start type "command" wait shortly ... right click on command prompt (I hope it is named that way in english) and choose "run as admin")

there put this in (exactly!!! .. copy & paste with the right click of the mouse) and hit enter:
format e: /FS:FAT /V:BEAR /A:512 /X

.. keep your fingers crossed^^
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2017, 08:14 AM)TBMx Wrote: open up a command prompt with admin rights. (press start type "command" wait shortly ... right click on command prompt (I hope it is named that way in english) and choose "run as admin")

there put this in (exactly!!! .. copy & paste with the right click of the mouse) and hit enter:
format e: /FS:FAT /V:BEAR /A:512 /X

.. keep your fingers crossed^^

Hey TBMx,

I tried running the formatting per
your instructions and received this response:
https://www.screencast.com/t/VBMN6JVkchX2

I'm ready to request a new machine and see how it goes.
I really appreciate your time and efforts to offer me assistance!

Thank you very much!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 192 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,308 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 677 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 595 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 940 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR error reading AirSense 10 Data mjholdeman 6 1,887 12-01-2022, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Mspeker
Question New Version, Access Denied Error 5 wesozzzz 1 689 08-23-2022, 07:21 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.