Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mental fatigue but no physical fatigue?
Mental fatigue but no physical fatigue?
Some background information...

I went to a sleep clinic and my initial study numbers were:
3 obstructive, 4 central, 2 mixed apneas, 106 hypopneas in 5h45m of sleeping time, with a mean SaO2 of 96.4%

I went back for the CPAP titration and my numbers were:
2 obstructive, 10 central, 6 mixed apneas, 16 hypopneas in 5h of sleeping time, with a mean SaO2 of 97.3%

I didn't feel any difference in the morning of the titration but the doctor said my numbers improved.
But because I felt that wearing the CPAP mask and tube all night would be uncomfortable/inconvenient, I opted to get a dental appliance, which I wore for a month.
Unfortunately I didn't notice any improvement either.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe the fatigue that I have isn't purely caused by sleep apnea?
I've noticed that only my mind is fatigued. There are times where I would be going for a jog, and I would be struggling to stay awake and keep my eyes open, but my body seems to be fine and I can run without any muscle fatigue.

I'm curious about what other people have experienced in terms of fatigue on the mind and/or body.

I do have other health problems such as hyperthyroidism (which I take Tapazole for), and digestion problems as well (some intractable IBS).
So I'm starting to doubt if sleep apnea is my only problem.

Thanks all!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chronic fatigue, I need some help. weiss27md 21 765 03-26-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Douglas Morrrison
  Extreme fatigue and lightheadedness after use amiru 9 265 01-31-2021, 05:41 PM
Last Post: amiru
  [Symptoms] 1 Month of use, still experiencing fatigue/brain fog Vincesleep 15 674 09-04-2020, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does fatigue improve with treatment? petemsw 3 386 07-25-2020, 04:39 PM
Last Post: ardenum
  What does your untreated sleep apnea fatigue feel like? dolppl 23 1,143 04-21-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: hegel
  Been using DreamStation 2 years, still feeling fatigue (screenshot from Oscar) Octave 1 403 02-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Lingering fatigue: NHS unable to help gouravverma 33 2,474 01-26-2020, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Coffee Man

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.