Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Merged thread]Have tried 4 different nasal and/or nasal pillow masks. All leak crazy.
Have tried 4 different nasal and/or nasal pillow masks. All leak crazy.
My pressure is 13-13.5. Have tried Dreamwear Nasal, Dreamwear Nasal Pillow, Wisp Nasal, and Bleep mask. They all leak.

Bleep mask is the most comfortable, but it also leak every night. Any suggestion for nasal mask that won't leak?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Have tried 4 different nasal and/or nasal pillow masks. All leak crazy.
I hope you have a good supplier that will work with you and has a good assortment of masks.
That's been the key for me and it's necessary for me to enjoy good quality sleep with few leaks.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I used to have a DME that thought one mask fits all. I had to find a better supplier to move on.

What fits me won't fit you....

I use a ResMed N20. It comes in different widths, and you can get the frame/headgear in different sizes.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
If you're having leaks with the Bleep, it's likely you're doing something wrong. Have you contacted the company?
Post Reply Post Reply
What sort of leaks are you having? Is the air blowing in your eyes, are you having face farts, or is the air escaping through your mouth? Answer this fundamental question then determine which mask might work for you.

Have you tried a full face mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried pillows? In my experience, nasal pillows are far less likely to leak than nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2019, 08:44 PM)slowriter Wrote: If you're having leaks with the Bleep, it's likely you're doing something wrong. Have you contacted the company?

I have communicated extensively with the inventor of bleep mask. Tried everything, and still leaked.

(10-19-2019, 10:25 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Have you tried pillows?  In my experience, nasal pillows are far less likely to leak than nasal pillows.

I have tried dreamwear nasal pillow and it leaked. A DME told me that pillow is not good for high pressure like mine.

Those masks initially didn't leak, but as sleeps proceeded for hours, eventually they all leaked, and I was woke up multiple times by leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2019, 09:01 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: What sort of leaks are you having? Is the air blowing in your eyes, are you having face farts, or is the air escaping through your mouth? Answer this fundamental question then determine which mask might work for you.

Have you tried a full face mask?
All sorts of leaks, because whenever I further tightened the straps, leaks stopped. I taped my mouth, basically when I woke up and adjusted the masks, the leaks stopped, but then leaks started again.

Although Amara View full face(small size) didn't leak because I tightened up the straps, I also woke up multiple times to adjust the mask because the nasal hole moved during the night and my nose couldn't breath.
Post Reply Post Reply
What problems did you have the nasal pillow masks?

I've used the nasal pillow masks exclusively since the start of my therapy and have never had a problem with leaks.  Is it possible that you haven't found the proper size pillows?  Have you considered going to a local DME and getting fitted with the properly sized mask?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2019, 08:04 PM)ChinaMan Wrote: My pressure is 13-13.5. Have tried Dreamwear Nasal, Dreamwear Nasal Pillow, Wisp Nasal, and Bleep mask. They all leak.

Bleep mask is the most comfortable, but it also leak every night. Any suggestion for nasal mask that won't leak?

Hi ChinaMan, 

One of the best ways to lower leak problems is to lower pressure.  

I remember your screenshots showing those high pressures.  I know you have put a lot of pain, time and work to get the therapy right.  

I have been thinking about our chat.  Maybe the ResMed algorithims are a better fit for your needs. 

If your still not happy with the DreamStation and if you need high pressure to knock out the OAs cause the Dreamstation APAP will does raise pressure very fast in the face of a flow limitation then it might be worth it to try an Autoset or VAuto (given the higher pressures you have been running).  

I see Supplier #2 and Supplier #33 mentioned a lot.  Others may have more recommendations
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List  

I have seen ResMed Autosets and VAutos on Craigslist for $200-500.

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 41 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 245 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,782 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 159 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.