Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Merry Christmas, My CPAP broke.
RE: Merry Christmas, My CPAP broke.
Hi cheeriosandvodka,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you on getting your situation with your CPAP straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2012, 12:07 PM)cheeriosandvodka Wrote: So, I just joined this forum

And greetings. Do Cheerios stay crispy in vodka longer than they do in milk?
Offtopic
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2012, 06:31 PM)vsheline Wrote: If you do buy a machine on-line, since your present machine is not working it would make sense to pay a little more to get delivery expedited as much as you can manage. With the Christmas rush slowing down deliveries, it could be weeks before you would receive a machine if shipped with "standard" delivery.

SecondWind quoted me four days for their standard free shipping by Untied Partial Service. And they're in the middle of the country (MN-ND), where I am on the west coast. In spite of the holidays it will get here in six days, due to arrive day after tomorrow. The holiday rush is over.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am going to suggest something a bit different. Find out what a DME fee is and then go see a church or call several and see if they have a benevolence fund to help you out. Explain how this is vital to your life and health. Try every church in your area.I think mine would actually help you, so hopefully there are some in your area. After Christmas my churchs' find is larger from Christmas donations. This may also help you. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
While that may be useful, at this point in the year it will be impossible. Most have no money left and won't have any until the beginning of the year, probably not until their first meeting to decide on amount. While I am surprised your church has some left over, it is not the norm. It has been my experience that any church that is willing to help almost always has strings attached.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You might try calling every DME in town and asking if they have a benevolence program or some type of program to help folks with no insurance get cpap machines like older models that have been donated or turned in just for the purpose of helping people who need them but can't afford them. You also might try calling every nursing home, etc. in your area to see if they might have a used cpap machine (left behind by the family of a resident who passed away) that they would give to you. You might ask some senior citizens (especially older overweight men) if they are on cpap, and if they are, might they have an older cpap machine stored away (that they would give away or sell cheap) if Medicare has provided them with a newer one recently. These methods would turn up older machines for sure, but hopefully a running machine that would work until you could get a better one. Just a thought...
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to second wind and I believe im going to order an older remstar from them for pretty cheap. Thank you all for your help. It really means alot. I really appreciate all the responses.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question My CMS50I Broke Brewskie 8 292 01-10-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Brewskie
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  mask broke jammer521 3 1,443 12-24-2020, 02:12 AM
Last Post: jammer521
  I did something really stupid and I think I broke my machine cbcbcbcb 22 3,553 03-19-2020, 12:24 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Broke my Resmed 10 autoset isuckatsleeping 4 1,897 03-13-2020, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Christmas Rash: Airfit P10 Headgear gregger 18 2,693 12-31-2019, 07:09 PM
Last Post: 217manor
  TSA broke part of my machine JohnnyGobbs 26 4,717 03-23-2017, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Maniac007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.