Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Message on my answering machine this afternoon / Stop the Presses
RE: Radio interference from ClimateLine
The high pitched tone is probably caused by the electronic switching controller for the heat in the climateline tube. The controller very rapidly switches the heat off and on similar to a light dimmer. The rapid switching causes electrical spikes which cause radio frequency interference like in old timey cars. This is inherent with AM radios and what appears to be a poorly designed power controller for the nose. Other than moving the AM radio farther away, I don't think you can get rid of it.

But lots of AM stations now broadcast over the internet so if your wife has a computer or laptop or smartphone or other source for online broadcast, that would be the best option.

[/quote]

When I plugged in the ClimateLine and let it rip, and then the wife turned on the radio, there was another high pitched tone. From the radio. Not as high as the ringing in my ears but almost as loud. The difference is that this sound everyone can hear.

She has become accustomed to her night time radio show and I've accepted that. She wants to continue with her listening but if the ClimateLine is causing radio interference (and it apparently is) then what can we do to remedy this problem?
Huh
[/quote]

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Radio interference from ClimateLine
(01-13-2013, 09:20 AM)SPOUSE Wrote: The high pitched tone is probably caused by the electronic switching controller for the heat in the climateline tube. The controller very rapidly switches the heat off and on similar to a light dimmer. The rapid switching causes electrical spikes which cause radio frequency interference like in old timey cars. This is inherent with AM radios and what appears to be a poorly designed power controller for the nose. Other than moving the AM radio farther away, I don't think you can get rid of it.

But lots of AM stations now broadcast over the internet so if your wife has a computer or laptop or smartphone or other source for online broadcast, that would be the best option.

It is indeed an AM radio station. She really likes listening to Coast to Coast with George Noory and his conspiracy theories, UFO cover ups and stuff like that. For the most part I'm skeptical of the whole thing. I'll have to see about that. Our station is indeed streamed on a network I can plug into with my phone. I guess it's worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Message on my answering machine this afternoon
Hi Sean,
Before you totally give up on the Climateline, wait 'till you get your S9AutoSet, as it is slightly newer technology. You might just luck out and not have interference on the newer machine.
As you know by my profile, I have an s9Autoset with Climateline and my husband listens to the radio at night and has never complained about any interference from it.
Hope things work out so you can use the climateline, it's a great comfort feature.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2013, 09:21 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Sean,
I hope that you get the S9Autoset, you have been waiting so long for it.
Keep us posted.

Finally my appointment with an alternate supplier is a week from tomorrow. That means tomorrow I can book my paratransit ride (you can only book a week in advance) so I'll get right on that tomorrow morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
Damn it now I'm P*ssed
Sad Oh-jeez Annoyed-and-disappointed Angry Perturbed Thumbs-down-1 Hate-cpap Hammer

I'm not happy. Does it show?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Damn it now I'm P*ssed
That looks definetely not good there, Sean.
What is it? DME sent your CPAP over a cliff this time?

Anyway, can't be good.

:/
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
(03-18-2013, 12:26 PM)Shastzi Wrote: That looks definetely not good there, Sean.
What is it? DME sent your CPAP over a cliff this time?

Anyway, can't be good.

I'm told it didn't come in and so instead of getting it on Wednesday I'm forced to wait another week, March 27th. However, upon quizzing her she confirmed that it is the AutoSet that they're trying to get for me. I wanted to hear her say it because I really had bad visions of her trying to stick me with an Escape Auto and equally as lovely images of me sticking the standard (not slmiline) hose where it's not designed to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeeze, what a bunch of goobers. I'd think after all this they would overnight it via UPS/Fedex or whatever.

Sympatico.

Perturbed
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2013, 12:43 PM)Shastzi Wrote: Jeeze, what a bunch of goobers. I'd think after all this they would overnight it via UPS/Fedex or whatever.

For forty bucks I can take the bus to ResMed and back to get the thing myself although it would probably be against The Conspiracy's rules forcing me to wait for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sean, I merged your two threads because this is the same topic of your issue with the DME.

Thanks.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,470 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,558 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,796 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 541 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
Gross [CPAP] New RESMED 10 Won't Stop ddwalker 4 410 12-15-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,215 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,486 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.