Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Message on my answering machine this afternoon / Stop the Presses
RE: Message on my answering machine this afternoon / Stop the Presses
Good! Congrats!

Now....LEAVE IT ALONE. Leave it at 7 - 11 for at least ten days. Longer if you can wait. Unless you are hitting 11 and staying there, just collect data for a while.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2013, 05:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Good! Congrats!

Now....LEAVE IT ALONE. Leave it at 7 - 11 for at least ten days. Longer if you can wait. Unless you are hitting 11 and staying there, just collect data for a while.

What she said!!! Take a period of time, download your data into SleepyHead or ResScan, and see what the data says. More importantly, how well do you feel when you wake on day 10.

Avoid the temptation to tweak your settings (for now). Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is very hard to wait. Trust me! But it is worth it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sean,
 WOO HOO, CONGRATULATIONS,!
Glad you finally got it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2013, 05:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Good! Congrats!

I agree except the change from summary data to detailed data. Other than that I'm leaving it as is. I ran the SD card through ResScan and even after one hour's rest it accumulates a wad of info that just didn't exist with the Escape unit. I think I'm going to like this.
Actually the doctor prescribed 7-14 which covers every level I've experimented with. I found what I was looking for. I don't need to muck with it any further.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the upgrade.

You "won" in more ways than one.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Freakin' Excellent, Sean!
That's how you put the screws to 'em!!
Jeeze, they kept you waiting long enough.

Glad you're in a better situation now so you can monitor things properly!

Enjoy the rest!

Sleep-well

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2013, 09:07 PM)Shastzi Wrote: Freakin' Excellent, Sean!
That's how you put the screws to 'em!!
Jeeze, they kept you waiting long enough.

Oh they put up a fight.
"We can't issue an AutoSet unless it's on the prescription."
So I got the prescription.
"Oh you already got a CPAP now."
(Oh no you said I could upgrade and this one isn't working properly)
I had to run that by them several times.

Quote:Glad you're in a better situation now so you can monitor things properly!

Something I need to know.

Where does SleepyHead store its data files?
After I got a new SD card (I have two now) for the new machine, SleepyHead acknowledged it but it also gave word for the Philips clunker I was originally saddled with. I'd like to know how to delete that. Deleting the program directory didn't work. The new SD card didn't work. I guess I could have used a different name but I don't usually find the need to do that on my own computer. Where does SleepyHead store the data?

Oh wait. Never mind. I FOUND IT!
the programmer had brilliant foresight to include a "debug" function which declared where the data files were stored. c:\Users\SEAN\Documents\SleepyHeadData\Profiles\SEAN\ in my case. I deleted the profile and now there's no reference to previous tragedies.
Post Reply Post Reply
All SleepyHead does is import the data from your sdcard (or whatever else you give it).
I think it likes to stash things its own things in an out of the way place so if you try to find its files and copy/delete them it will most likely damage its little database, You might need to create a new profile in the start up screen and fill out all the new machine / mask info & stuff.

That should keep everything straight from now on.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,078 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 302 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 252 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
Question In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40 tmrlhk 5 157 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,574 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,767 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,843 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.