Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Messages from Lifecare Solutions Inc: "Your sleep therapy usage is low"
Messages from Lifecare Solutions Inc: "Your sleep therapy usage is low"
I use my CPAP machine all night long every night and have for years. I've actually been getting more sleep than usual lately, too, but twice over the last month, I've gotten emails from Lifecare Solutions Inc with the following subject: "Your sleep therapy usage is low." Today I also got a notification from the DreamMapper app saying the same thing. What??!! Is anyone else experiencing this? I admit that I rarely open the app since it gives me very little information, especially in comparison to Sleepyhead, which I also check a lot less often now that I am stable.

The text of the email:

Quote:Your sleep therapy usage is low 

[Image: space.gif]
[Image: space.gif]
[My Name],

We have noticed that your sleep therapy usage has been low. Regular use of positive airway pressure (PAP) treatment is designed to minimize the impact of sleep apnea and offer many health and quality-of-life benefits.

Please be aware that for some of our customers their insurance company requires a minimum number of usage hours and days in order to reimburse the cost of your therapy system.

For help sticking to your sleep therapy or adjusting to using your therapy equipment, use the DreamMapper self-management solution where you can see your therapy usage patterns, find videos and coaching tips, and even set and track your therapy goals.

Click here to access DreamMapper.

Regards,

LIFECARE SOLUTIONS INC

DreamMapper is also available as a mobile app!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Messages from Lifecare Solutions Inc: "Your sleep therapy usage is low"
You may want to call Lifecare Solutions and advise them of the error. Your Sleepyhead software can generate usage reports if Dreammapper has gone haywire, and your SD card also has the data. Personally, I’d be tempted to opt out of remote monitoring.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lifecare Solutions has a lot of negative reviews. Is this your DME/Supplier?

If it were me, I would contact my insurance just to be sure there is no problem on their end. Then contact Lifecare Solutions and give them a "copy" (note: I said copy) of your SD card. Ask them to take the information from your SD card and give a report to your insurance if need be.

You don't want to take a chance of losing your machine over someone at Lifecare that is incompetent. Don't you own the machine? ... if you have been using your machine since 2016 as stated in your profile, then there should not be anyone questioning you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lifecare Solutions was the company I bought my CPAP machine from, but it was already paid for when they were bought out by Verio over a year ago, so I have no idea who or where to call in response to a do-not-reply email which actually came from a dreammapper.com email address. As far as I know, neither my doctors, nor my insurance are monitoring my usage; no one has ever said anything about my usage before now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lifecare Solutions actually doesn't exist anymore so I can't contact the company, but it was the DME company my medical group and insurance worked with to get my current machine. They were bought out by Verio Healthcare last year after my machine was already paid for (and after Lifecare issued a refund for overcharging me). As far as I know, I'm not being monitored, and I wouldn't know who to give my data to if I wanted to head off problems, but it won't be to a non-existent DME. The notices came from a dreammapper.com email address, so I think they might have been automatically generated by the DreamMapper software using the information the original DME gave them when they set up the machine.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
This is just me, but I would do two things if this happened long after my compliance period was over: If my Dreamstation still had the cellular modem module installed, I would remove that and stash it away on a shelf. Then I would add a rule to my mail-host-based spam-blocking settings to trash everything from the domain or domains that the annoying e-mail originates from. (I say "host-based" because I wouldn't even want to download the spam to my own computer before deleting it.)
Post Reply Post Reply
If I had a spammer
Coincidentally, just now I had to do that spam filtering for a message that got through, offering to sell me some designer eyewear.  It wouldn't be worth mentioning except that there is a cute little practice that these third-party semi-legitimate spamming services use now (the online retailers themselves sign up with the third-party services to handle all of their spamming needs).  One of the vestigial consumer-protection laws still on the books requires the law-abiding spammers to include a link to an opt-out web page.  So far, so good.  I used the link to go to that page to opt out.  So far, so good.  However, the programmer (under orders) had cleverly omitted any control on the page to submit the completed form.  So the victim can check all the boxes that say "Leave me alone from now on", and then ... what?  Nothing.  That's not the first time I've seen this semi-stupid, semi-amusing crap.  (Presumably the programmer thought he was being brilliant and had a good snicker about it.)

So I just filtered out that domain on my mail server, no big deal.
Post Reply Post Reply
On a side note, I dumped the spam filter on my Comcast accounts. Anything from Comcast, including bills and failed delivery notifications went to spam. The only way to access it was to go out to web mail and check there. I run IMAP not POP3. Called Comcast and the rep couldn't understand why I was concerned about it. I asked him "So, you're not concerned that mail from the Comcast itself is treated as spam?" Didn't have an answer.

BTW, to keep with the thread, my current machine does not have a modem. I think once I get a new one, once compliance is over, the modem will come out.

Homer
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RESOLUTION! So, it seems the email was actually from the Philips DreamMapper system, and it only looked like it was from Lifecare Solutions Inc. because Lifecare was the DME that set up the CPAP machine with Philips (they have since sold their accounts to Verio, and don't get me started about that mess). I called the DreamMapper support line, and they think the emails were triggered by a glitch(?) or feature(?) depending on how you look at it: Both times the emails came after I didn't sleep well the night before: in one case I got up very early because I just couldn't go back to sleep, and took a short nap later in the day; I got up to take pain medicine and was up for a couple of hours waiting for it to kick in in the most recent instance. The thinking is that the system was in the process of uploading data and had only partially finished when the short sleep sessions ended; The system saw me getting an unusually short amount of sleep, and sent a notice. Why it never sent me notices when I was having terrible bouts of insomnia and chronically not getting enough sleep, I don't know...   Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Within DreamMapper, click on Settings, and then click on Preferences and click on the Email and/or the Text Message button to turn off notifications.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 11 hours ago
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 150 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 248 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,258 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 604 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,331 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.