Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Micro SD Card For DreamStation Go
Micro SD Card For DreamStation Go
As I am beginning to travel 40-50 percent of the time, I am downsizing CPAP and just purchased a DreamStation Go.  Since insurance would not pay, it's 100% funded by me.  Not surprisingly, without insurance involved, my med equipment supply company is disinterested in helping me get set-up, aside from offering to get the CPAP unit for me at full sticker price, plus shipping and set-up fee. I beat their price by a few hundred dollars by shopping around, but I'm missing out o their support. Therefore, I am clearly on my own.  I have an appointment with my sleep doc in a week or so, and I'm hoping they will assist me in making sure everything is dialed-in properly, including therapy pressures and data collection.  To that end, I need a Micro SD card.  Any recommendations on what card to get; class/capacity?  I'm hoping to get maximum data storage, since my compliance requirements mandate third party data-gathering, (by my sleep doc), and the intervals of my doctor visits may be wide-spread.  Thanks for any guidance you can offer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Micro SD Card For DreamStation Go
Having just searched around for microSD cards for some RAspberryPis, I can tell you that the easiest things to find will be 16GB microSDHC cards. Various speeds may be available, and the slowest will be quite fast enough. Depending on your age, the 16GB card will last your (machines) lifetime. 2GB lasted a year and a half in my ResMed, and the DreamStations seem to produce less bytes per night.
I usually look for SanDisk or Samsung chips.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks   Thank you Pholy!  I'm discovering the value of a "support team."  Just trying to make sure I have all the required hardware in order for my sleep doc to get me properly set-up.  If I visited the clinic empty-handed, I could see them hooking me up with a $200 MicroSD card!  When insurance is out of the picture, I get damn cost conscious. Shy
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2019, 07:41 PM)zippinbye Wrote: I'm hoping to get maximum data storage, since my compliance requirements mandate third party data-gathering, (by my sleep doc), and the intervals of my doctor visits may be wide-spread.  

It's folly to purchase a card larger than 32gb.  Amazon routinely has them for $10 or less.  Speed is a non-issue.

I'm curious about your "compliance requirements" - if YOU'RE purchasing the machine and not an insurance company, why would anyone have any say in your "compliance"?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 08:32 PM)JimmyMc Wrote: I'm curious about your "compliance requirements" - if YOU'RE purchasing the machine and not an insurance company, why would anyone have any say in your "compliance"?

Depending on a person's profession, several government agencies may require a compliance report.  DOT and FAA come to mind as I write this.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Phillips Dreamstation SD Card and the 'PROP' file! jt42cwr 2 576 02-18-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Inserting the SD Card of the old device into the replaced Philips Dreamstation Cpap deimos 9 4,505 06-24-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: deimos
  DreamStation 2 data links via Bluetooth vs. card upload SleeperAwake21 7 2,305 12-03-2021, 03:15 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Dreamstation Go SD card Pipandor 38 4,163 04-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Looper
  Two Encore accounts on one DreamStation card? VOIDED 3 753 02-12-2021, 07:56 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.