Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Microsoft halts distribution of Windows 10 update amid reports it deletes files
You should be fine with Windows 10. Most people won't see any problems. Those of us that like to mess with it risk having issues. especially those on insider previews. Not knocking Macs, I've never used one. My last Apple computer was the IIe.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(10-15-2018, 07:01 AM)AlanE Wrote: You should be fine with Windows 10. Most people won't see any problems. Those of us that like to mess with it risk having issues. especially those on insider previews. Not knocking Macs, I've never used one. My last Apple computer was the IIe.

I mostly use the computer for a few emails, browsing diabetes and apnea forums and consulting "Dr Google".  I never wanted a computer in the beginning as I thought they were too hard to learn.  I am still technically challenged but I definitely respect and admire those of you who understand these machines.  When my PC died, I felt sick until I remembered I had a small laptop as a backup.  The screen is small but hey - it works and that is what counts to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2018, 07:01 AM)AlanE Wrote: You should be fine with Windows 10. Most people won't see any problems. Those of us that like to mess with it risk having issues. especially those on insider previews. Not knocking Macs, I've never used one. My last Apple computer was the IIe.

I have 2 Macs and 2 PCs (laptops). The Macs run circles around the PCs especially my Lenovo POS Ideapad laptop. My desktop Mac (El Capitan) is going to be 11 next month and still does everything I ask it - although video editing takes a while. I do the video work on my my Mac laptop (Mohave) which is a late 2015 model and does video quite well.

My wife has a Dell laptop with Windoze 10 and it works pretty well. I don't tinker as much as I used to, but I remember writing autoexec.bat and config.sys files to see how much stuff I could put in "high" memory and get as close to the magic 640mb of memory. Only thing was, the system was highly unstable and the least burp would crash it. Oh, the good old days. 

BTW, first computer was a Tandy Model I, then Apple IIe, IIc, and a IIGS then I went back to Windows with a Tandy and some other machines. 

Homer
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(1 hour ago)Homerec130 Wrote:

I have 2 Macs and 2 PCs (laptops). The Macs run circles around the PCs especially my Lenovo POS Ideapad laptop. My desktop Mac (El Capitan) is going to be 11 next month and still does everything I ask it - although video editing takes a while. I do the video work on my my Mac laptop (Mohave) which is a late 2015 model and does video quite well.

My wife has a Dell laptop with Windoze 10 and it works pretty well. I don't tinker as much as I used to, but I remember writing autoexec.bat and config.sys files to see how much stuff I could put in "high" memory and get as close to the magic 640mb of memory. Only thing was, the system was highly unstable and the least burp would crash it. Oh, the good old days. 

BTW, first computer was a Tandy Model I, then Apple IIe, IIc, and a IIGS then I went back to Windows with a Tandy and some other machines. 

Homer

I had someone who currently uses an Apple 'Air' laptop tell me that using a Mac is a lot like using an iPhone.  Do you feel this is an accurate statement?  I currently have an older model iPhone and like it pretty well.

Is there a specific model of Mac that is particularly easy to understand?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft to ‘warn’ Windows 10 users not to install Chrome or Firefox Crimson Nape 16 665 10-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Windows 10 update 5/1 is OS Version 1803 SarcasticDave94 29 1,984 05-20-2018, 10:04 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  Windows 10 Update 10/2017 SarcasticDave94 17 1,337 11-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Last Post: AlanE
Question Win 7 update no longer updates Office 2007 justMongo 6 694 09-01-2017, 11:05 AM
  December 2016 security monthly quality rollup for Windows 7 justMongo 8 1,398 12-31-2016, 07:51 AM
Last Post: JonC
  Still want Windows 10 for free? AlanE 1 754 09-23-2016, 07:23 PM
  Windows 7 and 8.1 Users Crimson Nape 20 1,816 08-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols