Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Microsoft to ‘warn’ Windows 10 users not to install Chrome or Firefox
I am a little curious why Chrome crashed on my laptop the other day, then the shortcut button disappeared off the tool bar at the bottom of the screen. 

Even though the Chrome icon was still on the main screen, and the program showing as being installed on the laptop, it still would not open or run. 

In the end I did a Chrome download, and instantly Chrome was back and working with all my bookmarks and so forth in place as if it had never had a problem. 

Dare I suggest M$ are "tampering" to make users frustrated with non M$ products.  Thinking-about  Big Grin

Stuff 'em.. and Apple while I'm at it... they won't get money from me for something I can find that works better from elsewhere.  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Wouldn't put it past them.

Also being seeing a lot of "critical" Windoze updates coming in and forcing a reboot even during a protected time. Go back in and check the settings - settings still good, but it updates anyway.

Another reason a Macs are my primary machines. My 11 year old Mac runs faster than my 3 year old PC. Just have to be careful of the number of programs I have open as that Mac is limited to 6 GB of RAM. Laptop has 16 GB and and SSD and of course, runs circles around the PC.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using Win 10 build IP 17754.1 with 17758.1 (rs5_release) waiting to be installed. Edge has come a long way and with Extensions it is getting better. It still will not replace FF or Chrome as I use both extensively, but now I have started to use Edge for more MS related dev sites. Of course it doesn't help that I have dozens of tabs open in each one and it gets a bit much to keep track of it.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2018, 03:19 AM)holden4th Wrote: ...and it's for this reason that I use a Mac......

Yep to that I switched to a Mac after my windows 7 system died and I haven’t looked back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2018, 05:31 AM)Ockrocket Wrote: I am a little curious why Chrome crashed on my laptop the other day, then the shortcut button disappeared off the tool bar at the bottom of the screen.

There was a major Chrome update a couple of days ago.
Open a new tab and the mini screenshot on frequently accessed sites has been replaced with a simple icon.
-- Rich
Download SleepyHead here
Organize SleepyHead Data
Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firefox User Tip (Undocumented - I think) Crimson Nape 12 654 06-20-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Windows 10 update 5/1 is OS Version 1803 SarcasticDave94 29 1,788 05-20-2018, 10:04 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  Keyboard wouldn't work in Firefox PaulaO2 8 644 02-22-2018, 07:38 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Windows 10 Update 10/2017 SarcasticDave94 17 1,307 11-08-2017, 01:53 PM
  gear head related -- supercharger, etc. install coming worn_out_in_lebanon 13 2,214 08-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  December 2016 security monthly quality rollup for Windows 7 justMongo 8 1,372 12-31-2016, 07:51 AM
Last Post: JonC
  Still want Windows 10 for free? AlanE 1 727 09-23-2016, 07:23 PM